Photo

Anyone Know Of Any Jobs Going In Or Around Coventry?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leigh21

leigh21

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

As above, looking for work but really struggling to find anything decent...unless i want to be a cleaner for minimum wage.

Any info leading to work will be a great help ;)

#2 George929

George929

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

There is jobs all over the place. you just have to look for them manually. forget newspaper ads or the jobcenter. get your self asking about. i got my job from having a chat with the manager about my mini. my previous job was from taking my dads car to get fixed i had a chat with the owner and asked what his work was like. theres no harm in asking. its usually the best way.

#3 MiniFTW

MiniFTW

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

I agree with the above, I got my job from getting to know the people at my place, did a bit of voluntary to prove I know what I'm doing. then I was assigned a job and here I am today still there :lol:

#4 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

All about connections usualy, my last 2 jobs i got though being recomended by a friend...i was made redundent at one place 6 weeks ago, within my notice period i already landed my next job... started and doing well already and bonus im on much better money

#5 TicTax

TicTax

Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

I don't know if this is wholly relevant - I guess it depends on your industry and experience - but LinkedIn can be a very useful way of making and maintaining contacts

#6 leigh21

leigh21

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm a qualified plumber with about 6 years experience, although for the last 3 years i have been working in security. I have applied for 20+ jobs over the last couple of weeks but have heard nothing back. I know going to business's and speaking to people is the way forward but where do i start >_< Thanks for everyone's input i'm sure something will come up i will get out there and find something!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users