8 replies to this topic

#1 blister

blister

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Selling as i need to fund my other project as well as buy an everyday car to go back wards and forwards to work in,

i have had the car for about 5-6 months and in this time i have repaired both doors and rust proofed! also restored the rear subframe
as well rust proofed i have also as made up a custom front subframe to take a 16v 1.3 micra engine but should also take a 1.6-1.8 vauxhall engine
i have also painted all of the underside in old English white.

i have also Lighted the rear subframe fitted all new rear brake lines along with rear spacered brake drums and shoes along with braided hoses.i have
also fitted 1.5 camber brackets to the rear as well as fitting a full poly bush kit and reconditioning both radius arms i have also fitted the rear subframe
with brand new stainless nuts bolts and washers! the rear subframe has also been fitted with DUNLOP Cones which are less then 1 month old, i have also fitted
brand new hi los

the whole boot has also been painted in old English white the tank was removed and painted and the tank strap has been lighted and also painted in brilliant
white

the front wheel arches have followed the rear paint theme and have also been painted in old English white which has been carried through into the engine
bay and inner wings

the subframe was designed around the original mini turrets which have been retained so you can still use the original mini cones and suspension along with retaining
the standard mini's wheel track width

up front i have replaced the bottom arms with 1.5 fixed camber bottom arms along with adjustable tie bars and hi los i have also replaced the front cones with ones from
a late mpi which had less then 34k on the clock,

the front subframe has been stiffened in all of the right places to keep rigity and strength and it has done exactly that, the subframe retains all of the original mounting points
such as floor mounts and front valance mounts

the shell it self is free from cracks and is completely straight and is ready paint! also being fiberglass it will never rust! when i bought the car the bulkhead had a few holes which
i have now fibreglassed in and filled and smooth but on the bulkhead there was the number #12 which i have got in contact with the minus registry and this relates to its production number so it most certainly is an
early minus shell!

the production number is also confirmed by the overall height of the shell and a few other of its characteristics

the shell left the factory with 3" of height taken out from underneath the windows the roof is also 0.5" lower then your usual mini so you can you mk1 rear side windows and sliding windows in the doors
the tops of the door frames have been modified to accommodate this

supplied with the shell will be all of the originals number plates and ID plates as well as all of the parts that are needed to complete this project bar a few little things such a head light
and a few other cheap bits and pieces

now a bit of information of the micra engine, it was removed from a k11 nissan micra which only had 32k on the clock! it drove perfectly and all gears where perfect, and it felt quick even
in the little micra the engine doesn't smoke or rattle, i have fitted a new oil filters along with a full set of quad core plugs, the head was also recently replaced with what i believe to be a
stage 3 head

i have also fitted a brand new clutch and pressure plate and bearing

To stop the car i have chosen to go for a bit of a uprated mix as this micra engine should be good for 120bhp, on the rear i have fitted brand new
rear brake shoes and cylinders along with a pair of late type drums,

for the front i have got a pair of 7.5 Cooper S set ups which are fitted with a pair of grooved discs along with a pair of Greenstuff Pads along with
braided hoses all round also a early cooper s brake cylinder will be supplied along with a late clubman plastic one

all the ports are slightly larger and have a smoother finish with no casting marks, the valves looks larger then the ones in my standard head i don't think the cams have changed but
i now have nothing to compare to as i have had to part ex my old head in with the deal, the guy i got it from does have a receipt for the work which he should hopefully post to
me but i have seen the receipt for it and the work came to £235 + parts

when i replaced the head i also fitted a new head gasket and exhaust gasket, i am now in the process of making a custom 4 into 1 which is free flowing

the wellers that you see in the photo are supplied with the minus and the wheels have never seen the road and are less then 3 weeks old and i have the receipt to prove
the wheels where shot blasted and then painted in brilliant white, the tyres on there own came to £200 plus fitting!

the rear bench is solid and is structurally sound, along with both rear door panels the rear parcel shelf has got buldges to accommodate for a pair of twin tanks
the front bulkhead has is universal and will take a early twin bolt subframe and a late single bolt,

interior wise i have opted to use a late steering column and stalks, and early type rocker switch panel and thats about it although i have got a pair of Red leather Lotus
Elise Seats which have adjustable bulsters and are in ok condition

the positive battery cable is running internally along the driver side and on the passenger side the fuel pipe has also been run internally

Supplied with the car but not currently fitted:

7.5 cooper s driveshaft set ups with green stuff pads and grooved discs fitted
front 1.5 camber brackets
adjustable tie bars
lotus elise mk1 seats
front braided brake hoses
wiper motor
original micra clocks and binnacle
Micra loom
Micra ecu
Fuel injection manifold
modified exhaust manifold
front lights and indicators
rear mk2 Lights
mk1 rear bootlid
brand new door rubbers and front and rear window rubbers,
brand new boot rubber
mk3 metal bonnet which will need work
all of the original wiring is still fitted and just needs connecting back up
k11 micra driveshafts
3 engine bushes
2 subframe mount take offs
heated rear screen
mk3 front screen
clutch cable
modified bottom pulley
Tax Exempt log book
side windows
front hi los
radiator and fan
radiator hoses
mk1 bootlid
bootlid hinges
chrome boot handle
bonnet pins and brackets
original black and white number plates
brand new yellow and black number plates
original tie bars and bottom arms
original rear subframe brackets
micra gear linkage and gaitors and bushes
micra inner pot joints
original micra keys
micra pedal box is included but only a bracket from it is needed
the micra alternator is supplied along with the original mount
the distributor is also supplied along with all the ht leads
chrome door trims
door latches are currently fitted but need adjusting
boot lock and hinges are also supplied
late speedo cluster and binnacle
speedo cable
solid front subframe mounts
new front subframe floor mounts
micra gear knob
extra metal to finish the subframe mounts
aftermarket steering wheel
and everything else attached to the minus along with a huge box of spares which are things i have forgot to list from the above,
red inertia seat belts

there was only 52 of these minus's every made and this is number 12! so is EXTREMELY RARE! and is a true piece of history!

there isnt much left to do to finish the car and i am only open to sensible offers very close to the original price in the advert

the car is with me in croydon and i am asking £5000 for it as it is with everything listed above,
i believe it is priced quite well as rusty minis sell for around 2-3k! so please dont haggle me down to a stupid amount as it will not happen

i am in no rush to sell

***please do not comment on the price if it is not what you are willing to pay***

if your interested please just PM me or contact me on 07905616231 11am-10pm

as it stands now the minus is in primer and i will also supply the new owner with all of the Old english white paint to finish if they require
all of the underneath has already been painted as well as the boot and engine bay

for photos and more information check out this link

http://www.16vminiclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28377&page=10

a few photos as it stands last week its now ready for its last coat of primer which i will hopefully be applying tomorow afternoon

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 SuperMonkey12

SuperMonkey12

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

I am from the surrey area myself would it be possible to come and have a look at the car,

you have a PM,

#3 blister

blister

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Pm'd replied to,

Viewing is possible at weekends or via prior arrangement

Edited by blister, 25 March 2012 - 11:43 PM.

#4 Globule

Globule

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

Is it registered as a minus on the logbook or is that still to be done?

#5 blister

blister

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

that is still to be done, although the law states that if 60% of the original donor car parts are used it doesnt need to be changed

#6 Lez86

Lez86
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

A friend of mine sent me this link and i just joint the forum so that i can message you. I have been looking for a minus for some time yours looks to fit the bill perfectly, is viewing possible this weekend? would you accept a bank transfer or is cash prefered? if it hasnt sold by then

i have also sent you a pm,

Edited by Lez86, 27 March 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#7 blister

blister

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

not a problem mate i have replied to your pm, cash is preffered but bank transfer is ok.

#8 blister

blister

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Quick update she is now fully primed and ready to be prepped for the final layer of paint!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by blister, 27 March 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#9 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Reported comments removed from advert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users