3 replies to this topic

#1 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:00 PM

Right, could someone give me a guide/technical explanation how to do the following:

1) Connect a rear mounted A series engine's box to the gear stick. This is for a twinny project, and I don't mind taking the reverse gear out of the rear engine. Incidentally, would I still be able to travel slowly in reverse using just the front engine?

2) Is it a problem using a hydro subframe, and then converting it to dry? Thing is I've got 2 wet frames that I don't need (I only need a front), and it would be a lot cheaper for me to use those than go and buy a dry one from a breaker.

Cheers

#2 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

i think you can use a wet rear subby as a dry one.

i think you can use a wet rear subby as a dry one.

#3 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:00 PM

The front wet subframe can be converted to dry , but not the rear .
but you could run the wet subby with coilovers instead
the way the gears are done on a Cox GTM (rear mounted engine/box) is just a u turn under the box and a rod to the front
why would you want to do without reverse ?
the twinni i saw had two ignition systems , the gears could be disconected from the rear engine , and could be driven on one engine
you need a bigger clutch master cylinder to operate two slaves at once .

#4 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:20 PM

Yeah I'm aware of the clutch problem, I am not looking at using the dog leg arrangement since it would reduce ground clearance which would already be ridiculously low.

Wahey good news that front subby can be converted to dry! Is it just a matter of getting trumpets and cones? Tomorrow gonna go and try relieve my mk2 spare parts mini off its front subby :w00t:

Cheers woody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users