197 replies to this topic

#106 mrthumb

mrthumb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

got these today.. i can quickley disconnect the entire engine loom, and power for the engine, headlights etc
will make simplify any engine and front end removal in the future cutting the ammount of hours down quite alot.
Attached File  bulkheadconn.jpg   74.94K   28 downloads

found em on http://trigger-wheel.../en-uk/d10.html

Edited by mrthumb, 03 October 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#107 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Good plan, quick question...what did you do with your loom? Is it the honda one all cut up etc

#108 mrthumb

mrthumb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

yea standard honda loom stripped and gutted of everything not needed. We used several guides/diagrams we found online and autodata software to label each cable as best we could.

#109 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

awesome, the more i read into looms the more i get confused and also the more turned away from the minitec loom. Have you got any of these diagrams available? i've found some, but more wouldnt hurt :)

Kieran

#110 mrthumb

mrthumb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

blimy ill dump every piece of info i have into this...

error codes for the ECU..
http://www.hondatuni...error_codes.php

another honda wiring guide.
http://honda-tech.co...d.php?t=2987229 (ideal for identifying plugs, pin outs etc)

We have "autodata. 3.18" which you can find on any good torrent site.. its excellent software that garages use to find out everything they need about your engine. ECU pinout's, wiring diagrams, torque specs loads of stuff....

i have also attached a diagram someone has made in the past. some sites tried to sell it but i found a alternative source. Attached File  miniwiringdiagram.pdf   303K   75 downloads

heres everything on your loom...
Attached File  IMG_0429(mod).jpg   113.26K   98 downloads

OH one more thing...
a guide to how to wire a car... my friend found it. some good do's and dont's in there.
Attached File  ReWire.pdf   1.15MB   72 downloads

now this is pretty much all we used as reference to deconstruct and remake a engine loom.

basically your sitting down, looking on autodata to see what pins do what and you label those wires and then get rid of the ones you dont need. its labourous task. but i think with patience anyone can do it.

Edited by mrthumb, 03 October 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#111 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

What a hero, I am definetly game for the labour because i aim to do it over the winter months, inside, with the fire on :D but those files are epic.

Whats your next step in the build? The rate your going itll be done soon

Thanks again

Kieran

#112 mrthumb

mrthumb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

also if anyone is useing a acewell series and want to use the standard gearbox readout instead of a magnet... i messaged acewell and this is the reply i got :)

Hi Tom,
The Acewell uses a rising edge signal crossing 2.5v to detect a pulse.
This pulse can either be from a magnet / hall sensor or a 3 wire gearbox sensor (models listed below only).
If the voltage is too high from your gearbox sensor then you'd need to use a transistor to pull the green wire to ground operated from the output of your gearbox sensor.
Your gearbox sensor will have 3 wires. One is +ve. one is -ve and the third is the output wire.
You calibrate the computer by entering the circumference of the driven wheel into the "c" screen and the number of pulses generated by the gearbox per wheel revolution into the "p" screen.

The following computers, are compatible - they can cope with a max speed input frequency of 7KHz

ACE-3252
ACE-3254
ACE-397x
ACE-4x54
ACE-5x56
ACE-5x56
ACE-7x56

Best Regards
Craig

#113 mrthumb

mrthumb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

my next step in the build!
my head rattles when i try and think about everything that has to be done...

finish the wiring to a "turn key" state.. (biggest job yet)
hmm more stonechipping on the inside of the a panels.
finish modifying and fit the fiberglass front end.
drill out studs in the door hinges and replace with modern m8 bolts. (they rusted out)
buy loads of soundproofing and make the car quiet.
modify the brake lines at the front, ( they touch the wheels on full lock)
install bulkhead wiring connectors and smeer with white lithium grease
get the dash powercoated leatherette matt black.
hmm thats all i can think off at the moment, im just fixing all the switches to the dash today.

im off work today, me and my dad were both ill in the night must of been somthing we ate. still feel a bit sick. but trying to get a few things done!

#114 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Sounds good, i've got my head stuck in these wiring diagrams just now, oh what fun.

Good effort, no sickness can stop vtec'ing, I've got a close eye on how you get on :)

Kieran

#115 mrthumb

mrthumb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

hah feeling better now allways the way. ^^

1 thing my mate kept mentioning when we were cutting up the wires was how many earths are shared here and there. so be ready for multiple wires to be joined where you dont expect it.

#116 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

blimy ill dump every piece of info i have into this...

error codes for the ECU..
http://www.hondatuni...error_codes.php

another honda wiring guide.
http://honda-tech.co...d.php?t=2987229 (ideal for identifying plugs, pin outs etc)

We have "autodata. 3.18" which you can find on any good torrent site.. its excellent software that garages use to find out everything they need about your engine. ECU pinout's, wiring diagrams, torque specs loads of stuff....

i have also attached a diagram someone has made in the past. some sites tried to sell it but i found a alternative source. Attached File  miniwiringdiagram.pdf   303K   75 downloads

heres everything on your loom...
Attached File  IMG_0429(mod).jpg   113.26K   98 downloads

OH one more thing...
a guide to how to wire a car... my friend found it. some good do's and dont's in there.
Attached File  ReWire.pdf   1.15MB   72 downloads

now this is pretty much all we used as reference to deconstruct and remake a engine loom.

basically your sitting down, looking on autodata to see what pins do what and you label those wires and then get rid of the ones you dont need. its labourous task. but i think with patience anyone can do it.

Ah the pic is too small i cant read the labels have you got the original?

#117 mrthumb

mrthumb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

hmm thats as large as it goes. you realise you can click on it to make it bigger dont you? its quite readable then :)

#118 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Good to hear that it's all possible! It looks like you're having a great time doing everything. Congratulations on that.

#119 mrthumb

mrthumb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

thanks buddy!

heres a pic of the dash from the pilots view...

Attached Files

Edited by mrthumb, 04 October 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#120 F1L8EY

F1L8EY

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

great Build.

frabrication is awesome, keep it up. watching in awe... :proud:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users