Photo
- - - - -

What Size Coolant And Fuel Hoses Do I Need?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 benmoffat

benmoffat

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hi,

Ive searched through all the problem pages and chat pages but cant find any info on the above.
I have tried to find out what size the standard Volvo T4 ones are but cant find that anywhere either.

I will probably get a Walbro pump but think the water pump will just be the standard one, but looking around there are so many different sizes of filters, inlets and outlet options etc, im just not sure what size they need to be. Can anyone give me an idea on what size coolant hoses and fuel hoses would be best to use please?

Thanks

Ben

Edited by benmoffat, 09 April 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#2 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

can you not just measure the outlet on the engine?

#3 benmoffat

benmoffat

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I can, but will that be the size all the way down the car? Theres inlets and outlets on the rad, engine, and filters. Do I just take the biggest one and use that for the lenght of the car and then just find adaptors or something for each end to step up or down to the right size?

Thanks

#4 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

mesure inlet/outlets for you radiator, keeping it about the same size will make things lots easier for you

#5 2000lukey

2000lukey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Think, standard Volvo and rad is 32mm step down to 28mm which is the size of the transfer tubes that run from front to back, should be in your kit. Have you got no hoses at all on your engine? Like for the cooler that bolts to the block? If you get stuck I can send you some photos, just let me know which bits.

Luke

#6 benmoffat

benmoffat

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Ok thanks, makes sense. Would it be the same method for fuel lines? I can see some ranging from 3m up to 12mm.

#7 2000lukey

2000lukey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Think I am on 8mm pressure and 10mm return, have you got standard or mod fuel rail?

#8 benmoffat

benmoffat

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hi Luke,

No didnt get any hoses in the kit and dont have any on the engine. I know Zcars could supply a full cooling kit but to save money Ive got to buy the bits seperately.
Would be a great help if you could send some photos of your cooling and fuel lines. Thanks.
Also dont seem to have what must be an oil cooler as in this photo. Is that essential and is it a volvo item or a zcars add on?

Attached Files

#9 2000lukey

2000lukey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yes it's Volvo standard fit, o/s rear swing arm should be modified to allow it to stay in standard place bolted to the sump, I will try and get some pictures up together and send them over, won't be till tomorrow now.

#10 benmoffat

benmoffat

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Thats great thanks for your help.

#11 2000lukey

2000lukey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the delay in the photos but all my s/s coolant lines were stolen by some f!?k wit, so I have had to start again,

I don't know if you would be interested but I have some s/s intercooler pipe work that is no longer needed as I changed my plans, they are fully welded and sanded and powder coated white, it's for use with a mr2 intercooler and takes the Volvo intercooler fan switch/sender and the idle bypass valve feed pipe.

If your interested I can send you some photos of them.

Cheers. Luke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users