28 replies to this topic

#16 Steely

Steely

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

I'm in Brum so I will keep a good look out for you. Where abouts was it stolen from?

Hope you get your mini back soon :/

#17 HafMan

HafMan

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

just to add i'd probably be pretty squptical about the person you just bought it from if youve only had it 6 days.

this can happen.
It would be real easy to have a spare key and it can be driven away.

#18 Ant

Ant

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hi Guys, bit of an update. Got cctv from a few factories at the end of my road. Turns out the people who stole it arent your usual bunch of chavs. There were at least 3 involved, 1 stood at the end of my road as lookout, another can be seen getting in and driving off in well under a minute (car was immobilised). Then car ramps appear from the rear of a parked up curtainsider lorry and its driven in and the lorry is closed up and driven away. I went out about 30 seconds after it had been nicked in my dads car to look for it and I actually drove straight past the lorry with my car in the back of it completely unawares. All of the thieves were hooded and so you cant see any of their faces.

This is an organised gang who know what they are doing and have various tools such as lorries at their disposal. Be extra vigilant guys, lets not have any more minis stolen.

I am located in Tyseley in Birmingham by the way (near Acocks Green/Yardley).

#19 cradley-heathen

cradley-heathen

Metro-Man

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Local Club: spearmint rhino

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

this really does suck, i know not everyone can do as i do, but i never leave my car outside, ever. even if im just popping in the house for ten minutes, i always pop it back in the garage and shut the door. if you have a garage i would advise doing the same if anyone else can!

there is allot of mini theft in the black country, and i agree that most does seem to be done by organised folks wit the right gear. scum bags.

#20 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

You expect it to be kids or opportunists ......its very scarey that it was so organised and professional. What worries me most is the fact you'd only it 6 days yet it was spotted and pinched with some planning

Almost too organised :shifty:

Hope they got the reg of the lorry

Edited by MaxAndPaddy, 12 April 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#21 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

*goes outside to block the mini in with my moms polo

#22 Lee_bash

Lee_bash

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Scum... utter scum...
What have the police said?

#23 Neildanks

Neildanks

Captain Slow!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Get the thatcham steering wheel lock on your minis as well anything extra to deter them and slow them down.

#24 STREET TWEAKS

STREET TWEAKS

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hi Guys, bit of an update. Got cctv from a few factories at the end of my road. Turns out the people who stole it arent your usual bunch of chavs. There were at least 3 involved, 1 stood at the end of my road as lookout, another can be seen getting in and driving off in well under a minute (car was immobilised). Then car ramps appear from the rear of a parked up curtainsider lorry and its driven in and the lorry is closed up and driven away. I went out about 30 seconds after it had been nicked in my dads car to look for it and I actually drove straight past the lorry with my car in the back of it completely unawares. All of the thieves were hooded and so you cant see any of their faces.

This is an organised gang who know what they are doing and have various tools such as lorries at their disposal. Be extra vigilant guys, lets not have any more minis stolen.

I am located in Tyseley in Birmingham by the way (near Acocks Green/Yardley).

mate i had the same 15 years ago i had a festa rs , parked up under cctv it had alarm + 2 immobilisrs hand brack lock and streeing wheel lock and it taken them 45 sec from bracking the window to drive it away . the police sed to me if you had gone out to them thay may have just kicked you to death for your keys ( best left well alone thay sed ) as there was 3 cars and 5 poeple in each car , got just the shell back the next day found in a big skip at the back of sum units in brum

#25 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

i was told by the local pcso that gangs using flat bed trucks with hoists/cranes on the back are getting more common.

#26 MiniMadNox

MiniMadNox

Previously known as minimad1992

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Im in solihull, so i'll keep an eye out. anmd drive that way to work everyday. Im scared now :( seems to easy to get nicked

Edited by MiniMadNox, 12 May 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#27 pierres

pierres

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Gutted for you mate, hope you get it back ??

#28 joshspragg

joshspragg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Local Club: M4 minis

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

sick world that we live in that people have to steal other peoples things to make money for themselves. and they have no fear of getting caught otherwise they wouldnt do it.

i wouldnt dare breath on someones car that i didnt know or that didnt belong to me.

#29 Jakeclubby

Jakeclubby

Previously known as Jakemayfair

• Members
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

sick world that we live in that people have to steal other peoples things to make money for themselves. and they have no fear of getting caught otherwise they wouldnt do it.

i wouldnt dare breath on someones car that i didnt know or that didnt belong to me.

Hear hear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users