18 replies to this topic

#1 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:39 PM

I'm going to be ordering various parts for my project soon so what shops do people recommend?

I'm after a beam axle kit (plus loads more) so huddersfield are top of my list at the minute.

#2 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:47 PM

I have to be honest and say Huddersfield would be the bottom of my list.

I reckon Minispares is THE best presonally. I guess it depends if you want to go visit the shop or if it will be mail order stuff. Visiting the shop is always preferable for me!

#3 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:52 PM

I will probably be ordering over the phone. I only say huddersfield as their rear beam kit is the cheapest i've seen, there was one on ebay but the seller finished the auction early for some reason.

Minispares does seem to have a good reputation.

#4 millsminis

millsminis

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • 2,882 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

Agree with mini mad me....Minispares are the best at the moment...i have been using them a lot. Also use Minisport... ;)

#5 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:14 PM

Don't get me wrong, I aint actually dissing Huddersfield, it's just that I don't like the looks of them, it all seems a bit too 'blingey' there!

I prefer Minispares because I think their website is informative and isn't based on loads of 'buy this power upgrade because it is shiney' there is even a report on the site that the standard airbox with a few hole drilled in the front flows as well as a K&N cone filter. They still sell K&N cone filters though!!! lol

From personal experience:

Minisport let me down nearly everytime I used them,

Minispeed never let me down but I have heard bad reports (good for buying branded goods like Jack Knight when on sale there).

Minispares, I have been using for years and only ever let me down once (waited a week for a part when I had paid for next day delivery).

#6 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:21 PM

I know what you mean with huddersfield, their ads are very shiny and almost chavvy halfords style, lol.

Minispares is looking good for everything apartvfrom the rear beam at the min.

#7 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

I have to be honest and say Huddersfield would be the bottom of my list.

I reckon Minispares is THE best presonally. I guess it depends if you want to go visit the shop or if it will be mail order stuff. Visiting the shop is always preferable for me!

Just wonderin. Whats wrong with Huddersfield? The stuff Ive bought from them has been great. ;)

#8 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

He said 3 posts below your quoted one....

Don't get me wrong, I aint actually dissing Huddersfield, it's just that I don't like the looks of them, it all seems a bit too 'blingey' there!

#9 * Specialized *

* Specialized *

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:13 PM

yer for the beam axle, and other suspension parts, use huddersfield, thats who i used for my axle and suspension, been very good

#10 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:34 PM

Thankyou all, great help. I will now spend all of my money!

#11 minimole

minimole

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:02 AM

used minispares and although delivary has taken a while in the past most of the time it on time. minisport i have only used once bought an idler gear which was cheap enough but needed it the next day i paid alot of money for 24 hours delivary and it took 3 days. when i had just paid the best part of £20 for delivary for something that only cost £25 you can imagen i was a little annoyed. minispeed i have used in the past and thier fairly good

#12 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

Both minispares and minisport were relatively good for me. I have to say that their stock level seems to fluctuate quite badly, and they won't hesitate in sending you what they do have, and then another 5 parcels of stuff as they get it. Good in some ways, but not if a package costs you a fiver/tenner a time! They do send what they have quite quickly though.

Minitrailers are a disaster. I got nothing after 3 weeks, so I phoned them and got told that my package had been returned to them and they'd send it out recorded delivery. That was wednesday and I'm still waiting......

I've only ordered once from minispeed. They took my £300 immediately, and I'm still waiting for bits just over a week later. The jury is still out......

#13 AlexM

AlexM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC, ECMC

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:40 PM

I have found minispares north preferable, there isnt a stupid call centre and they know what they are talking about.

#14 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

I ordered about £500 worth of stuff from minispares the other night via their net site, they didnt have a wiring loom or quickrack in stock though :w00t: . Lol.

It also looks like someone from their has joined the site, so welcome simon@minispares!

#15 Bigbudders

Bigbudders

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:06 AM

Oh so you can get through to minispares on the phone then??? :ph34r:

Huddersfield have been ok, although rather slow postage, but maybe down to the post rather than them?? Who knows!
At least they answer their phone i suppose :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users