5 replies to this topic

#1 kenji

kenji

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

Hi, you know the mini how it can have the walnut dash and some have liek a chrome dash, well iv been looking at a mini with a dash that goes in so u can put things in it, very basic, can you put on to this type of dash the dash covers that you can get that are either chrome or walnut, cheers kenny

#2 stag

stag

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:12 AM

Hi, you know the mini how it can have the walnut dash and some have liek a chrome dash, well iv been looking at a mini with a dash that goes in so u can put things in it, very basic, can you put on to this type of dash the dash covers that you can get that are either chrome or walnut, cheers kenny

what like this one

Attached Files

#3 leilau

leilau

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:28 AM

what like this one

hi just saw your reply to this question...and you may be able to answer my question if you would please..i brought a dash for my mini..just a mdf one..the promblem i have is that...sorry might sound a bit thick!!!but you no your 3 main clocks ie speedo etc..mind are in a plastic mould/case as standard i think...well my dash is a basic flat one..can you take off the casing around the clocks and slip the dash over..........or do i have to have one of those posh £125 dash's that stick out for the clocks..
how did you do it or dod you no???? i think i may have to buy new clocks in seperats!!!

#4 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:57 AM

you need to take the clocks off their normal housing and screw them directly to the back of the new dash! you also need to remove the old mounting bracket which is held in place by 4 bolts that you can get to from in the engine bay (just behind your master cylinders)

#5 clubman katie B.F

clubman katie B.F

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:45 AM

beat me to itvjonesy lol

#6 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members