2 replies to this topic

#1 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:34 PM

i recently aquired a 1380 short engine and set about swapping some bits over off my 1310 ... the dizzy gear is too big and so is the dip stick tube question is what numbers or markings should i be looking at to determine what block each one is?

thanks lee

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:46 PM

Sounds to me like you're trying to fit A series parts onto an A+ engine, can't be done.

A+ engines don't use dipstick tubes so there's one hint. The A+ will have lots of strengthening ribs on the front and the alternator bracket mounting bosses will be in the right place for an alternator rather than a dynamo so they'll be closer to the water pump. The A+ dizzy is held in by a single bolt and a clamp instead of the large clamp of the A series which is held to the block with two screws.

#3 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:50 PM

right thats probably it theni did have a feeling it was that just unsure wich is wich i'm sure my new engine is a+ now so will i need a different dip stick or does the other one just fit in?

also my new engine is going to be in a fairly high state of tune what oil is best a half decent semi synthetic? or just stick to halfords miniral and change it often?

thanks lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users