#241 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Cheers, its quite funny the more attention its getting from people as they walk past, with the front off you get looks of "what the hell is that?! That'll never get finished" but with the front on and painted up you get chatting away with folk, sometimes withthe same people that gave it funny looks a few months ago!

I'm hoping the doors are going to finish it off quite nicely and make it look like a complete car again.

Kieran

Edited by KieranB, 18 July 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#242 filski

filski

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Hey Kieran!

I was folowing this topic for quite some time! Heaps of useful information here, so hats off to you! i will be embarking this same project next year!

Well done bud!

#243 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hey Kieran!

I was folowing this topic for quite some time! Heaps of useful information here, so hats off to you! i will be embarking this same project next year!

Well done bud!

Thanks Filski, best of luck when you begin the project, if you need any specific information then just ask.

Kieran

#244 mickyh

mickyh

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

Loved reading through the build so far, great work keep it up the fun will just keep coming

#245 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Cheers Mike,

The doors are now on, not gonna put a pic up just yet, need to spray them as the white has ruined the look of the car. Also got some harnesses inbound but that'll be me out of money for another few weeks. Patience is starting to run thin with this project, I HATE BEING SKINT!!

Update this weekend hopefully

Kieran

#246 mickyh

mickyh

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Did the doors go on ok any problems give me a shout, ye i know that feeling but i think of it eventually ill have a nice classic car which will be quicker than most cars and its built by yourself, deffinetly worth being skint for haha,

Ill keep a look out for the updates.

#247 filski

filski

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hey K,

Just leave the front end and the dors white, and spray some random grey primer all around it will give you that authentic 21st century mini look and save you money on the paint job ;)

looking forward to the update!

#248 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Well things have certainly come to a sudden halt with this. A combination of things i.e bills have resulted in not having a great deal of funds to add to the car, I have a pile of parts waiting for me at minisport which should see me good for the MOT. So with this in mind I went ahead yesturday and booked the car in for its MOT at the end of this month, about 2 weeks away! O_O  The worrying thing is the guys at the garage know the car but haven't seen it since July ish last year, they are quite excited to see it so I can't back down now.

In other news (this is the bit I give lame excuses as to why I haven't been working on the mini) I have recently become a mechanic for an Off-Road racing team. It's a bit like rallying but in hyped-up land rovers and is across a lot rougher terrain. We were in south wales 3 weeks ago and will be in north wales this weekend. On the off chance anyone on here goes to any of these meets (Northern Off-Road Championship or All-Wheel Drive Club) then come say hello (GST Racing)

So that's the only update i've got i'm afraid. Plan is to get the parts in a couple of weeks time then MOT just after that. Gonna keep the MOT date a mystery :shifty:

Kieran

Edited by KieranB, 13 August 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#249 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Nice going Kieran, been keeping an eye on this, certainly looking more like a mini now  :shifty: coming along very nicely

I like the MOT plan, rather than collect and fit the parts and hope all is ok you go and book it instead! 

Now thats a kick up the ass idea, good thinking man!

#250 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

Lol alright Kam long time no see. 

Ye it is extremely risky and to be honest i'm a bit nervous about the plan but the things left are designed to go on a mini such as the tyres, mirrors etc so fingers crossed all should be ok. I've already started making a pile of stuff to take with me on its maiden voyage. Rise before a fall and all that :P

Hows things with your car? Been out in it much?

Kieran

#251 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Yeah been having a few drives menacing the local neighbourhood every now and then and was gonna take it to france lately but as the tax was running out and I've got a few things going on here I decided to sorn it instead, probably won't see any tarmac this year. Want to sort out the air filter ducting as it could be better but usual story of run out of room. It'll get done at some point...

To be fair, your idea can work as its only mini related parts going on but its the old thing with time being the spoilsport here, you could probably fit them with your eyes closed but finding that time is the thing, hopefully this off-road team won't eat up too much of it, nice work on finding that though, good to flex the 'ol mechanic muscles now and then  :D

#252 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

That's a bit of a shame, i suppose over the winter you could get the bodywork sorted perfectly. Only time will tell i suppose

Aye I've got the week off work during which the MOT is on and I've been doing many 2am finishes lately with the team so i'm more than willing to do an all nighter to get the mini ready. I JUST WANT TO DRIVE IT :D

#253 Boots

Boots

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: North Devon Mini Club

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Great looking build, nice job getting it all squeezed in!

#254 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

. We were in south wales 3 weeks ago and will be in north wales this weekend. 

Mate i live in South Wales where about was you if you ever in the area again let me now i can show you my mini could also take you for a spin 

#255 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Alright johny

We were at a place called st wulstans and this weekend we will be at Llangurig. You just have to go onto the all-wheel drive club website and it gives you locations of the events. Clicky

It would be awesome to meet yourself and the mini seeing as the car is one of my many desktop background pics :P give us a buzz if you are near sweetlamb, although it would need to be saturday afternoon or early sunday morning as we race from 9am onwards on the sunday

Edited by KieranB, 16 August 2013 - 07:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users