2 replies to this topic

#1 Calderwood

Calderwood

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Wondering if I could gain some insight in to what is happening with my wipers with all this rain.

On a 30 minute drive, I noticed a little metal strip was very slowly sliding out of the end of both wipers, it never fell out, and I guess was only coming out with every wipe, as I never actually saw it move. Anyway, I got out the car, was able to push it back in, although it did give enough resistance to hurt my finger a bit. Problem is, where the o/s wiper had wiped to the right, the metal piece had scratched the scuttle panel - in 10 minutes or something it had made about a 2cm squared patch of shiny steel on the scuttle! I did a quick little prime and spray paint when I got home (not perfect, but keeps it dry at least).

Anyway, any idea how I can stop it, or what this piece actually is? I have taken a photo of it poking out as it did it again today, but at least didn't poke out so far so didn't touch the paint. I assume it is some kind of thing to compress the wipers, otherwise I'd pull it out.

The car (1989 Thirty) doesn't have the standard wipers, it has a pair of the 11" minispares chrome ones, but I recently had the old wiper blades replaced for a Bosch one (the ones that come with it are v.poor), could it have been fitted incorrectly?

Oh and I wasn't sure if this post should be here (detailing) or general problems, so apologies if I got it wrong.

Any help would be great thanks.

Charlie

Attached Files

Edited by Calderwood, 12 June 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#2 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

fit some orginal black wipers aftermarket chrome show wipers are just that for show

#3 Calderwood

Calderwood

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

fit some orginal black wipers aftermarket chrome show wipers are just that for show

Is the piece sliding out not a part of the bosch construction?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users