MinipixMatthew

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Local Club: Colchester Mini Club

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:23 PM

Hi guys

I've been reading TMF for a while now, but I thought it was about time I actually signed up properly so that I could leave comments for a change! Already found the forums very useful on a variety of topics, so thanks everyone for all your helpful advice and comments.

I guess you'll be wanting to know about my Mini now, won't you? Well about 5 months ago I bought a Mini Sidewalk, 1275cc SPI, Kingfisher Blue, pretty much standard. It took me a while to get used to the choice of paint (the turquoise struck me as rather feminine at the time), but I'm liking it now! Since then, Neddy has gained a carbon-fibre effect dash, a CD player, a red Mountney steering wheel (goes nicely with the red seatbelts), clear indicator lenses, chrome windscreen wipers, and a chrome rear number plate light. There is also a set of crystal halogen headlights in the post right now, and an RC40 exhaust in the garage waiting to be fitted. Future plans include colour-coded wing mirrors and wheel arches (preferably Wood&Picket style), red gear knob, Revolution RFX 5-spoke 5x12 wheels, a K&N air filter, a chrome GB badge for the bootlid, and a good clean under the bonnet.

Right, now to see if I can include some photos... the top two are out of date already I think! To keep up to date with how Neddy is getting on, check out www.minipix.co.uk/gallery. :w00t:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:35 PM

Hey welcoem to the forum!

Nice mini!

Enjoy the site :w00t:

Planning on doing lots of shows this year?

#3 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

Welcome to The Mini Forum!

Those seats are cool :w00t:

#4 MaryQuant88

MaryQuant88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:10 AM

Hi & Welcome :w00t:

Love the Dashboard :ph34r:

#5 Bigbudders

Bigbudders

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:55 AM

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. :ph34r:

Know what ya mean about the colour, i was the same about mine, it grows on you doesn't it? I always liked kingfisher blue myself anyway.

Is it your first mini????

Oh yes and try to make some of the shows, you know how when you see one mini on the road you get a buzz, well imagine seeing about 15 in a row going up the motorway :w00t:

#6 MaryQuant88

MaryQuant88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:01 AM

well imagine seeing about 15 in a row going up the motorway

You wouldnt see my mini, because it so damm quick :w00t: ......
......with its 998cc engine :ph34r: lol

#7 MinipixMatthew

MinipixMatthew

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:42 AM

Hi all

Yeah, would love to come to some shows. I think I've missed the bus for London to Brighton, and I'm not around for the Riviera Run, but as it happens I shall be travelling south-westerly on the first day of RR so may well see some of you then! I'll make sure I get to something though, I NEED to see some more Minis!!

Ooh, my crystal headlights came in the post today, very exciting! Not sure if they're road legal though, I've heard rumours that some aren't...

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:12 AM

I think you can still get in on the L2B if you want. I haven't done anything about it yet either and I hope to go!

Welcome to TMF by the way!

#9 Steamo

Steamo

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

Ive just been on the L2B website and its got SOLD OUT flashing in big red letters >:w00t:

Didn't realise it sold out so quickly. Really wanted to go this year!

#10 wobbit

wobbit

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: basingstoke mini club

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

hello and welcome, y dont you put your head unit on your dash? its a bit safer! lol, and regards to l2b you can still join just not officially

#11 MinipixMatthew

MinipixMatthew

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

y dont you put your head unit on your dash? its a bit safer!

What you see in the photo above isn't actually up to date. I've now got a CD player installed in the hole in the dash, which is rather neat. My only problem now is that I can't figure out how to remove the standard Rover cassette player - in their infinite wisdom :w00t: Rover have made it nigh on impossible to get the thing out! Great for stopping thieves, not so great for the owners!

#12 AlexM

AlexM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC, ECMC

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:32 PM

woo, another spi mini!

and i am liking the dash! :w00t:

#13 Bigbudders

Bigbudders

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

Rover have made it nigh on impossible to get the thing out! Great for stopping thieves, not so great for the owners!

You have to use them little things they supply with head unit to hook on the sides to pull it out. Other than that do what i did, get two big screw drivers with flat blades and do your worst :w00t:

#14 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 01:45 PM

Hello and welcome to TheMiniForum

Enjoy B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users