7 replies to this topic

#1 labyrne99

labyrne99

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Got a 1983 Austin Mini City E for my 18th, just over 44,000 on the clock as well, amazing condition.

Few photos a couple of days after I got it, so yes it does need a clean and hoover

Installing 2 6.5" components upfront, amp in the boot and a 3.5mm jack rather than a HU. Also putting a new boot lining in and a chrome trim.
Will post pictures once all of my ICE stuff has arrived, only got the switch and crimp terminals at the moment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 labyrne99

labyrne99

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Some parts have started to arrive, should have it all by the end of next week, will post photos then

#3 A362 TTU

A362 TTU

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

I look forward to seeing how it goes. :).

I take it you have learnt what a crimp terminal is now :)?

Have you thought about the routing for your speaker wiring/3.5mm yet?

#4 labyrne99

labyrne99

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

My dad seems to know so its all good haha, and not 100% sure yet, waiting for it to arrive to figure it out.

Speaker pods arrived today and boot lining has been dispatched, received an email apologising for the delay on the actual speakers/amp/wires. Will most likely be doing it next weekend if it isn't raining

#5 A362 TTU

A362 TTU

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Now I have finished my A-Levels I have an idea for you...

You could have a RCA to 3.5mm FEMALE jack cable installed - that is mounted somewhere nicely. That way you then have an 3.5male to male plugged in when the stereos on but you can take it out for neatness at other times.

One place you could do it is modify the rear center ash tray - could have a neat piece of covered MDF blanking it off with the female connector embedded into it.

Then you have the male to male plugged into that - this is good because there is less trailing wire - and the ash tray place would mean that the cable is central and regardless of who Is choosing the music (you; front passenger; rear passengers) the routing will be neat.

#6 traffordt59

traffordt59

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Nice mini very clean .. more pics!!

#7 labyrne99

labyrne99

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

that's a nice idea, might have a crack at that

#8 labyrne99

labyrne99

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

apologies to just leaving this thread, went on holiday and then I was told the person who sourced the mini for me would fit it all for me, so currently my mini is in capable hands in Sheffield to be fully ICE'd and chrome trimmed whilst I'm on a family holiday in America, looking forward to seeing how it turns out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users