#211 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

Got a megajolt setup here that may be of use to you.

£220 posted out side of ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252114859371

#212 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Local Club: Weston Mini Muckers

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:27 PM

only need the ECU and trigger wheel if you were interested in splitting as wired by Wilson built me a lovely loom that is being installed in the coming weeks. seat mounts are welded in had to cut nearly 13 inches out the gear linkage to make it fit swear someone on here said it was a straight bolt in item... yeah right nothing is straight forward so far all of it has been a challenge just lucky i got some very good friends who are on hand to help car is currently at TEB co having custom dash rails and new OBP drop down type pedal box fitted.have to start standing on street corners or something this mini is costing me a arm an a leg......hmm wonder how much i can get for a kidney been offered some spectrum split rims :) 

#213 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:05 PM

Lol when are they ever cheap !

#214 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:40 PM

after some more micra drive shafts if anyone got any lying around mocking up something very cool cant say what though this prototype malarkey is fun 

#215 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

The gear linkage is easy, the 'drop in' part is the fact you can bolt it into the holes already there at the selector end.
Its just a case of chopping it in half and welding it back together with 30cms or so missing out the middle :)

#216 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

interior modifications are done cage was a absolue ******* to fit think it must of got slighty bent in storage over the years as we have had to make a 3mm spacer to make it sqaure on the bars going down to the rear arch. as well as seat bars welded in,behind the standard dash rail there tube with pieces coming off to mount the new ODP pedal box and tube down to the tunnel what can be used to mount switches no quite sure which dash il be running yet as for the  frame is 90% finished just finishing drive shaft design and bracing around the bottom parts of the towers tom has asked me not to show any pictures of the frame untill its finished so have to wait to see that very pleased with it though hoping to do a couple of session at mk1 action day as a shake down for the car as we also got the 59 race car that we are hopefully taking up there depend on time untill next year happy new year and more updates soon 

december%20002_zpshkosxwcn.jpg

december%20015_zpsyhck53xr.jpg

#217 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:26 PM

Have you put spreader plates under the feet of the cage as your 3mm gap might be allowance for spreader plates ?

#218 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

yes 3mm plates welded in then cage bolted down though the, the cage is a FIA spec OMP cage just seemed one of the rear legs was 3mm to short if we moved it back to reach the plate on the arch it turned the rest of the cage on a slight angle by putting the plate under one of the feet its squared it up nicely and if i dident tell you wouldn't even notice it was there 

#219 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

Very odd although most cages tend to "pull" the shell when you tighten them down, bet it feels nice and solid with the cage in tho :)

#220 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:19 AM

Just spoke to Matt at fusion fabrications depending on money hopefully can get it down to there unit in oxford mid febuary to have a custom inlet and exhaust manifold made. Very impressed with his work and a nice bloke.Once the engine and drive shafts are fitted for the last time need the manifolds as then i can build the rest of the car around them. Need to speak to OWENS fabrication as well as Endaf sorting me out a fuel tank hopefully. the car is designed to be a track/race car so better start thinking of some livery ideas soon got a lot of people who have helped out with the build so far would like to make sure they get a space on the car somewhere. Also need to book my ards test too! 

#221 railtown

railtown

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Local Club: mini7 club netherlands

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:23 PM

going to make another frame next week at college as well as i want to develop them!

would be very interested in a frame if your going to start to make them

#222 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:38 PM

So Car is booked in with Fusions fabrications for the 27th of March for custom manifolds, getting excited now last thing needed is to cut the drive shaft splines and one last modification to the front bar of the frame found that it was flexing more than we liked so going to replace it with a much stronger item. then it will be engine out sent the frame to the powder coaters and i may upload a photo of it if your lucky once its coated :) 

Edited by lucas1amps, 20 February 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#223 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

My inlet manifold is currently on order with fusion fabrication too :)

#224 lucas1amps

lucas1amps

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

Cool what you running injection? i got to take the whole car up as i need a bespoke swan neck type inlet.

#225 thelegg

thelegg

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:38 PM

Yeah just running the standard injection system, looking forward to seeing your manifold :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users