#1 BiMU

BiMU

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Local Club: Middlesex Mini Club

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:56 AM

Just wondering if anyone can help as i accelerate the rev counter tends to jump irratically. I think i read somewhere that it might be the coil???

#2 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

Do you have electronic ignition? Mine did this when my ignition moduel was dieing.

#3 BiMU

BiMU

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:25 PM

Do you have electronic ignition? Mine did this when my ignition moduel was dieing.

Hmmmm i do actually which leads to the next question... which ones the ignition module? in the engine bay that is?

#4 m1n1

m1n1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Local Club: I'm unsociable

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:47 PM

thats the black box on the side of the dizzy.

mine does the same thing. I get through 2 modules a year at the moment and i don't know why. after a while of the rev counter being a bit jumpy, it is reluctant to start, firing in the wrong place at times and causing the starter motor to stop, then spin, then stop.. anger. must be because they are cheap £20 ones from partco.

#5 BiMU

BiMU

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:57 PM

thats the black box on the side of the dizzy.

mine does the same thing. I get through 2 modules a year at the moment and i don't know why. after a while of the rev counter being a bit jumpy, it is reluctant to start, firing in the wrong place at times and causing the starter motor to stop, then spin, then stop.. anger. must be because they are cheap £20 ones from partco.

OHHHHH dayum... thats exactly what happens!!! I gotta spend some dough now... but at least i know why it doesnt start anymore!!! I thought it was the coil! Cheers DUDE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users