#1 dickspanner

dickspanner

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:44 PM

Hi galls and guys

Just dropping a post on here to say hello to everyone.

I have had my mini for about 12 years and it has been sat in my lock up as a unfinished project after I stuffed it when it was last on the road. Spent shed loads of cash on it back then but never finished it. Just come back from body shop now and looks fantastic, ready for getting it on road and fired it up (brand new fully blown racing - cost over 3k back then - engine built 10 years ago with only 5mins running time) and the bottom of conrod 4 fell off in engine, battered conrod, barrell and bent cam. Gutted, engine currently being rebuilt by Rally Equipe in Bury at the moment they have had it for 3 weeks get it back mid week.

Just finishing of the ICE install and wiring modifications at the moment. Bought 13" split rims with 195x45x13 and they look really small now compared to what I had on previously. Wiring harness is a mass of modifications now, struggling to get it behing new dash.

Anybody on here may remember it from first time on road back in 92-93 as it was in Bolton Mini Owners Club and was a monster back then! Only mini about with ERA turbo body kit in 13" wheels with 185x60x13, electric windows and doors and 4 big cibie super oscars on front.

Looking forward to it being back on road again next month.

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:46 PM

hello d1ck

your mini sounds great any pics of it :D

#3 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:47 PM

HI

#4 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:47 PM

Sounds great mate! Make sure you get some pictures up :D

Welcome to the site :D

#5 dickspanner

dickspanner

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

No pictures at the moment as it is back to a shell, sat on a scooter troller resting on the sump gaurd. Gutted as paint job cost me over 1k. Before it was painted, welded up door handles and holes on new doors as last ones were damaged by impact and decided to insert astra GTE bonnet vents in bonnet to get some air to the mop up box as last time it was rolling roaded it the mixture went pants over 6k revs.

I had the thing nearly finished externally and it was beginning to look awesome again then this happened to the motor, totally gutted. now looking at not much change from £800 as AEG 521 conrods are as rare as hens teeth and needed full new set of AGP bolts at £70 for the set and I only needed 2 bolts.... Gutted. Scatter profile kent cam in bin with no miles on it. Full new shells and crank regring with no miles on it. End over end balancing of all 4 rods as the fourth one has to be tied in. The list just goes on.......

On the bright side JBL 2/1000watt x 10inch subs on back shelf nearly make you poo when you turn the bass up (modifieds fuel tank to fit passenger side sub in), and JBL components in front door pods could make your ears bleed if turned up to loud. Big JBL amp just fits in boot and modified battery box holds the two batteries nicely. Got to kit out boot to tidy it all up. Kenwood system and spectrum analizer in dash look great. Just debating CB again and big ariel on gutter!!!!

Had to loose the electric rear windows and go back to conventional push open. Boooooo, but have managed to keep front electric windows. Electric doors just need wiring up and last part of full custom dash was welded up last night at 12.30, just need to cover in foam and leather before fitting dials and switches etc. Metro clock stripped ou and smiths dials inserted, looks better than I expexted..nice.

Hoping to have it rolling roaded and back on road by end of April and take it to a few shows etc, won the last one it was at. want to blast it down santa pod as well, should be funny. Custom built exhaust very crispy and poppy at low revs due to ultra light flywheel. huge grin factor...

Will try and get some piccies of it on here soon.

Owning a mini is passion bordering on obsession, I crossed over 10 years ago, and its nice on the dark side.

#6 dickspanner

dickspanner

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

Just picked up my engine today. Carb being fettled and will be ready next week, time to give the girl a good thrashing

#7 miniT

miniT

Puts the 'Bum' Into Bumpstart!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Local Club: Bumpstart Mini Club

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:30 AM

Welcome to TMF! :ermm:

#8 * Specialized *

* Specialized *

Super Mini Mad