minipip

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • Local Club: TMF SE

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:47 PM

ellow people :D

just a random post took my mate's 1275 out for a spin the other day, was awsome by the way, the question is my throttle is heavy almost as though the cable is frayed but dont thin it is, had this problem in the jetta but that was because of the sharp bend it had to do through the bulk head. just asking has anybody had this problem???? because my m8s throttle is a light as anything but you need some leg to push mine lol any idears?? or will it be a cable change to see if its a new cable???? :D

#2 magal2005

magal2005

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:31 PM

it is unlikely that the cable has anything to do with a "heavy" feeling throttle. it is usually the pedal box or the spring mechanism which needs a drop of WD40, or check it for signs of rust/ dirt build-up etc.

i am nearly 100% sure the throttle cable can not transfer pressure backwards to the pedal...

#3 minipip

minipip

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

cool cool cheers for that will give it a try and see what it does, will go and have a look and a squirt lol ta ta

#4 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

I think you'll find the throttle cable has everything to do with it.

For price of a cable these days maybe a tener at the most, id replace it, then you will notice a huge difference, there is no spring on the pedal box

Trust me from experience

#5 minipip

minipip

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:09 PM

well the carpet wasnt helping ither lol did a bit of trimmin and thts loosend it up a bit soaked the joint in the cabin in wd40 will oil it when i get a bit of light also the carb was all road mucked up i cleand it off with gunk so the rocker on the carb was a bit dry whoops i soaked that earlyer too will give that an oil aswell. cheers for that, du know anywhere i can get a new cable? could ask down partco?!?! but cheers guys.

#6 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

You should be able to get one from most places.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users