19 replies to this topic

#16 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

Ok, I had 7.5" 'S' discs and calipers on my 1425, and then went to 7.9" KAD 4pots (with different discs obviously). This is with a servo, purely because it was too much hassle to take off! To be honest, unless your doing track racing and using the brakes to there limits all the time you won't notice the difference at all! If the S discs and calipers were good enough for the Works boys back in the 60s and 70s they'll be fine for you! :dontgetit:

#17 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:24 AM

no MMJ had the same problem :ph34r:

Yeah, I bought fully built hubs with vented 4pots 7.9" from MiniSport, tried to fit my Mambas over them and there is no chance in hell they'll fit! called MiniSport and they said that the only wheels they WONT fit under are Reverse Rims and Mambas!

In all honesty, for everyday use you'll be fine with standard 2 pots and then you can keep your mambas! :dontgetit:

#18 Mini-Dave

Mini-Dave

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:43 PM

Jammy - I see where your coming from with the works boys comment, but i think its the oppersite, i will be doing track days in it quite often, i havent decided weather its guna be a everyday car or just a track car yet, but also i think a driver with less experience would profit more, due to perhaps there unconsistant braking, therefore needing a brake with more variation on the power it can give. the skill is not entirely in the amount of power you apply to the pedal, its the timing in which you start to break. hope you see my point.

I have had differnt views of the power difference.

Thing is, i dont want to get something, then in 6 months time, be thinking, ******** i wich id got the more powerfull calipers.

Dave

#19 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

Yea, I see your point. Obviously the 4 pots are going to give you more braking. But at no point when I was using the S calipers on my 1425 did I think I need more braking. The only reason I changed to KADs is due to me changing the engine and I wanted to keep the S calipers on the drive shafts with the engine.

#20 Mini-Dave

Mini-Dave

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:04 PM

Fair enough.

I think il see what the mambas turn out like after ive sprayed them.

Thanks for all your help

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users