6 replies to this topic

#1 CORNERING PERFECTION

CORNERING PERFECTION

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

When i bought my mini the two middle fogs didn't work, just the outside two, after a while i got annoyed and took it to sevenoaks minis, they said it was simply a fuse and they replaced it so they worked on full beam. However, i had only used them once or twice before they whent again, i can only assume the fuse has gone again- WHY??!!
I'd appreciate your input.

(by the way if your wandering why i've posted so many times in one day it's because i'm bored at work, i found this site and i've got lots of questions - hope you don't mind!)

#2 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:08 PM

there be a short somewere or its just plain the wrong fuse. cheack the wireing if it all sound as in all fully coved and in gerneral good nic then find out if you got the right fuse. someone here prob knows.

#3 Steve@RetroDash

Steve@RetroDash

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:19 PM

spi's i believe did not come with fogs as standard so someone has wired them somewhere along the line. What type of fogs are they? rover or aftermarket? i'm no champ at wiring but i'd say check the haynes manual for fuse ratings on the later mpi's which came with the fogs as standard and also checking you have the correct relay. it may well be as simple as changing the fuse or even a relay but could be something else all together, hopefully an expert will be along shortly and help you out. :ermm:

(by the way if your wandering why i've posted so many times in one day it's because i'm bored at work, i found this site and i've got lots of questions - hope you don't mind!)
[/quote]

dont be silly, thats what the forum is for :dontgetit: :ph34r:

#4 CORNERING PERFECTION

CORNERING PERFECTION

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:35 PM

Yeah i think it came with the outside two and the owner before me put the middle two in and the likely scenario is that he fudged them!! I'll have a look at the wiring, see if i can work out where it's all gone wrong. But i'm no electrician!
Cheers for ure advice guys!

#5 AlexM

AlexM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC, ECMC

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

I was under the impression that all cooper injection mini's came with foglamps as standard.

#6 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:36 PM

fog lights should not come on with the main beem

spot lights should come on with the main beem fog lights should have a seperate lit switch :ph34r:

2x50 watt bulbs= 8.33 amps :dontgetit:

#7 Steve@RetroDash

Steve@RetroDash

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:42 PM

I was under the impression that all cooper injection mini's came with foglamps as standard.

only mpi's from 96 onwards came with them as standard. might have been an optional extra on spi's but were not standard. please correct me if anyone can prove me wrong. i won't be offended :dontgetit:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users