4 replies to this topic

#1 tom130691

tom130691

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

i wish to build such and engine and then drop it either in to my mini or my corsa b as its currently a 1.2 8v its a very simple swap Posted Image

which engine would i be better off using E16se due to its mechanical ignition? or the C16se?
advantages and disadvantages of both with a carb set up which will take more work ect?

dont realy want to go into stand alone management, somebody has mentioned nova sr coil and ignition module?

other things to look out for? imobalisers ect?
spontanious idea i just had and wish to research and do Posted Image

any guides ect on here, my current internet connection keeps dropping out so havnt looked around the site yet

#2 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

what are you wanting to know? Are you putting/using the engine in both cars?
Putting an engine to 2 different cars is 2 different jobs
Other than looking around you'll be able to decide which option for your mini, the corsa is already on injection so why go backwards, and then there are emmissions to deal with

#3 tom130691

tom130691

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

either or at this stage but i would like the engine running on carbs as vauxhal ecus arnt map-able, and i like the idea of a carb set,
e16se was the nova engine so is probably pre 91, meaning lower emmmissions test,

i guess the question is will a e16se run if carbs are put on due to the mechanical ignition?
how much work would it be to use a later 1.6 8v such as the C16se or even the astra h version,

#4 BenH

BenH

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Minis

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

See my build, im running E16se on bike carbs and fast road cam putting 120bhp at the wheels and shud see 140bhp once set up

also you use sr coil and dizzy off the 1.4 and it runs sweet

Edited by BenH, 25 July 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#5 tom130691

tom130691

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

yeah ive flicked through it ben, i think you could be a very usefull if i go ahead with this lol
more likely to put it in the corsa to be honest, but yeah im local to you, met some guy you know, has a mini with twin carbed 998, fiberglass front, full cage,

what carbs are you using and where did you get the manifold?

ill come down to a cv1 minis meet at some point ill be in my corsa though

Edited by tom130691, 25 July 2012 - 10:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users