80 replies to this topic

#1 minibarmy

minibarmy

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

Having been contacted by a few members over the past year to manufacture some alloy indicator ends I've finally given in as the market/original supply of these that were produced 3 years ago has now dried up or sold out.

The design of these as you can see in the photos is smoother & less angular than any previous examples out there, there are also big design changes to the internals which now totally isolates the external body so no risk of sparks or electric shocks, the end cap also screws on so no risk of the assembly falling apart when driving.

These will come in a plastic storage box with instructions & use the original spring from inside the existing indicator push end. The sample shown took me about 10 minutes to fit last night which included me taking pictures of every stage so I can add them into the instructions so relativly simple to do.

The plan is to get these made in time for MITP, I will tout them around the traders on the day to see if anyone will be willing to sell them off their stands? Failing that I will advertise them on here or E-bay in the next few weeks.

The initial batch for MITP will be polished Aluminium but subject to demand I might offer them in a satin silver very fine vapour blasted finish or black anodised.

Also subject to demand I could engrave the end cap with a logo or "Mini" it will need to be something simple or the cost will increase beyond what is economical.

Cost of these is still to be finalized but will be in the region of £40 a pair, some of the originals sold on e-bay 3yrs ago for £50 pair.

These will also be a limited production run as something unique shouldn't be mass produced.

Note: - I'm not a trader & have no intention or being one, these are a cool looking item that has a demand so only helping out.

Attached Files

#2 Jackmorton

Jackmorton

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Local Club: Cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

I want some of them :) you got any ready to sell now ? or still in production ?

PM me pleasee :)))

Jack

Edit : youll have them for both stalks right ?

Edited by Jackmorton, 03 August 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#3 blue blood

blue blood

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

If you did a version for the MPI stalks I would rip your arm off for them :)

Regards Blue

#4 minibarmy

minibarmy

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

The picture only shows the sample I made earlier this week & fitted last night.

The kit will contain both stalk ends to replace the originals, both the alloy replacements i'm producing are identical so will fit on either side.

Currently none available to sell, i was only satisified with the design last night so will now run them off over the next 5-6 days hopefully ready in time for MITP next weekend?

Will keep everyone posted, this post was for people to reserve a set, express interest or let me know which finish would be most popular?

#5 minibarmy

minibarmy

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

If you did a version for the MPI stalks I would rip your arm off for them :)

Regards Blue

Not familar with the MPI stalk assembly, send me a picure & I can take a look.

#6 Jackmorton

Jackmorton

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

The kit will contain both stalk ends to replace the originals, both the alloy replacements i'm producing are identical so will fit on either side.

Currently none available to sell, i was only satisified with the design last night so will now run them off over the next 5-6 days hopefully ready in time for MITP next weekend?

Will keep everyone posted, this post was for people to reserve a set, express interest or let me know which finish would be most popular?

Consider 1 set reserved for me then please :) just drop me a Pm when you get the design finalised

#7 minibarmy

minibarmy

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

Consider 1 set reserved for me then please :) just drop me a Pm when you get the design finalised

What style/finish do you want? I can do them polished or satin finish straight away but the anodised black will only be subject to demand.

#8 1994alex

1994alex

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Local Club: None yet :(

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Could be interested when you finalise the price

Alex

#9 minibarmy

minibarmy

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Final price will be sorted next week, what will make the difference is the amount of demand, high demand = bigger batch to make = lower set-up costs etc = cheaper price.

So let me know if your interested?

Initialy I'll be making 25 sets but will restrict the total amount made so these are still a pretty unique item to have.

Edited by minibarmy, 03 August 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#10 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'd like a polished set!

#11 northern-cooper

northern-cooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

look nice
intrested in a set
thanks

#12 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

Be sure to register as a trader before you take anyone's money (unless you only sell via Ebay). You may as well anyway, it's free.

#13 Jackmorton

Jackmorton

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

What style/finish do you want? I can do them polished or satin finish straight away but the anodised black will only be subject to demand.

Polished finish please :)

#14 clivemk1mini

clivemk1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

I will take a set polished please pm when you want payment I will be going to mitp

#15 myredmini

myredmini

My Mummy Says It's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

Interested!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users