#1 jrxm

jrxm

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hi

Im looking for a heritage mini shell; can anyone recommend a good place to buy one from. I've been looking around and found prices vary by almost £2k for what seems the same thing, any advice welcome

Cheers
Jon

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,909 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Heritage

http://www.bmh-ltd.com/minishell.htm

This would be the standard price for a brand new shell.

#3 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Well, someford mini are very good or straight from BMH.

is my opinion.

#4 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Mini Sport are the only people I can find who have them marked as in stock on their website so I'd start with them. It'd also be worth ringing around BMH's other Mini related retailers to see if they have one in stock but not marked on their respective websites and ask them about the price differences.

BMH only make Mini shells a couple of times a year so if you miss out you might not be able to get one for a while.

#5 l_jonez

l_jonez

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Local Club: south wales mini club

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

I bought mine from somerford, easily the best thing I've spent money on. mind you they where only 2.5k back then

#6 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Mini Sport are the only people I can find who have them marked as in stock on their website so I'd start with them. It'd also be worth ringing around BMH's other Mini related retailers to see if they have one in stock but not marked on their respective websites and ask them about the price differences.

BMH only make Mini shells a couple of times a year so if you miss out you might not be able to get one for a while.

Do a search on here-minisport ALWAYS list stuff as in stock, whether it is or not is a different matter. I have dealt with both minispares and BMH and both have excellent customer service so would suggest either as a good place to start. If you do go for minisport don't part with cash until you are completely sure they really have one.

#7 Stevie W

Stevie W

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Minispeed used to stock BMH 'shells.
Bought mine from them several years ago for the standard price and paid them to prep, paint and deliver to my house.
Must say I was very pleased with the prep work and quality of the paint finish.
Cheers, Steve

#8 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

BMH as they make them..................50 at a time..................... :proud:

#9 Scott@minispeed

Scott@minispeed

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

The situation with shells now is that we have to order them and wait upto 6 months for them. We only order them to order so to speak, which means paying a deposit at time of ordering and paying the balance when it is in stock.

The key thing to consider is that heritage increases the SRP every January, this year a shell increased to £5750.00 inc VAT, up from £4650.00 last year. If you think you will need a shell at any time in the next year, the thing to do is to order it before Christmas and secure the price at this years rate. The same reasoning can be used for buying ANY heritage panels but obviously is mostly going to affect the price of a shell.

I can help anyone that needs advice in this area.

Scott 01932400567

Edited by Scott@minispeed, 31 October 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#10 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

scot you sure if you order from bmh now and they aint got stock you get at this yrs price? I would check because when i order from playmini this is not the case.

#11 brum,brum,mike

brum,brum,mike

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

from what i've heard, from a mate who knows someone that works for BMH is that the SRP went up so much this year, as they had most of the presses overhauled as a result of customers complaining for a poor fit.

Correct me if im wrong....

Also, one year at castle coombe, mini sport bought a couple of shells along with them. And mini spares had a delivery once (cant remmeber how long ago) on their facebook page with a pic of several shells arriving.

so you could start anywhere :)

Edit - spelling!

Edited by brum,brum,mike, 06 November 2012 - 07:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users