5 replies to this topic

#1 djcorbetto

djcorbetto

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hi there. I'm new to the mini world, infant right now I don't own one, but hopefully in the next few weeks I will get one as a project hopefully.

I have one in mind and it would be great for you guys to offer up an opinion good or bad and any suggestions

http://www.ebay.com/...d=p5197.c0.m619

#2 minimissionary

minimissionary

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

What sort of budget do you have? I can imagine something like that being a more lengthy project than you might first imagine.
Whats your experience with restoring cars?

#3 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi, welcome to TMF,
The one you've linked doesn't look to bad for a project from the picture's, I would go and see it if you can. Would you be doing the welding yourself?

#4 djcorbetto

djcorbetto

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I myself have only ever built motorbikes so a car will be a new experience to me hence going for a mini aswell as the fact that they look pretty cool.

I'd definitely be at least attempting to do the welding with my dad teaching me as he's trained on all forms of welding. I like the fact that he says that he has a fair amount of the panels. But I'm slightly worried about the rust under the windscreen on the left of the photos, it looks like its broken through. I'm going to view it soon as its just down the road.

My budget is really whatever's needed i will just have to buy, I know how budgets ever really stay the same at least they didn't do on my bikes although I did decide to tune the engines.

The local farmer has two just sat in his field one of them has been sorted out for rallying, I blame them for making me want a mini

#5 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

Hi..and welcome to TMF and enjoy this forum.................... :proud:

#6 minimissionary

minimissionary

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Go for it. If you've got access to welding capabilities, then you've eliminated 80% of the problem. Expect lots of pain, followed by sheer unadulterated joy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users