No replies to this topic

#1 chunkyjh

chunkyjh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

hey guys, this is my first post hello to everyone. I'm after some help/advice. Been having a problem with my ignition, i think. My minis been sat around for nearly two years after failing mot and i've just got round to getting it back up on its 10's. Bought a new battery and everything was running fine. Whilst it was running i put on the hazards to check them and the engine cut out instantly. fired it up again and tried indicator and it cut out again. Whilst it was running i tried the indicators at the same time my mate fiddled with the fuses and it seemed to cure it. But its happening again now. Checked the battery earth and thats ok. Fuse box is slightly rusty/oxidised up so am probably goin to replace it. The distributor cap was also bit dirty so cleaned that. Still cuts out after just running on its own with no lights on. Also after it cuts out i lose all lights on the dash when i try it again. Not sure where to go. Rubbish with electrics. Are the lights draining the power to the engine? One of my headlights doesn't work on full beam, will that have anything to do with it? Shall i replace coil, distributor or the whole car?? I'll post some pics soon many thanks for any help cheers all james

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users