No replies to this topic

#1 alsy

alsy

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hi, ive been on the forum for nearly 2 years now.. haven't really been that involved with it and never posted a project thread of my first mini - Denzil, which i crashed :(

Posted Image

I then sold that to a member of this forum and thought id never own another again...... then a few month months passed, and i bought myself another!

Posted Image

it was a friends of mine, and was actually painted matt black, but still completely standard..

Anywaaay, seen as it was going to be off the road i had a few plans and ideas which i couldnt do to my other one as i had to drive it at the same, the first thing i did was strip the interior out from top to bottom.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I then got all the inside ready for painting, as i will not be putting any interior back in other then seats as i want it to be as light as possible.. then i painted the inside black, chaned the steering wheel..... Oh and safety first!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I then bought myself a fibreglass bonnet, and some bonnet pins and springs.. whilst playing around with the bonnet i found something i wish i didnt :(

Posted Image

That aside i got on with fixing the bonnet.. The brackets for the bonnet pins were cut out of 2mm sheet steel and bolted to the wings.

Posted Image

on went the pins..

Posted Image

Then i drilled some holes and fitted the springs.

Posted Image

Whilst deciding what i wanted to do next, i decided i didnt like the matt black and wanted to go for something i havent seen before, so i started to prep the car for paint which i was going to be doing myself.... without any idea of what colour i wanted. I picked a colour..

Posted Image

and it now looks like this..

Posted Image
Posted Image

Whilst the paint was drying i had a play around with the grille and made something i liked,

Posted Image

Im really happy with how its come out and im now looking out for some 13x7 wheels, and deciding what route i want to go down with engine, updates will be slow but there still quite alot to do... opinions and views, good or bad are very much welcome, Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users