29 replies to this topic

#16 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

Although it depends why you're removing the seats. Often it's better just to remove the bolt through the hinge and leave the brackets fitted to the crossmember. If you are fitting aftermarket seats using custom Mini seat subframes then they will often need the original seat brackets left in place, also if you are only removing the seats temporarily it's better to leave them there as it's then much easier to re-fit.

#17 neil_g

neil_g

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:40 AM

blimey how big are your feet? im an 11 and drive in wide DC trainers and dont have a problem.. i know it sounds odd but try getting the seat back a bit so you can use your toe end of the shoe perhaps?

#18 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:14 AM

I'm only a size 11 but with my steel toe caps on its very hard to drive the mini, might be the fact that they're steel mid-soles as well the only way i know what pedal i'm touching is by what happens when i push harder lol. Yea try to keep some trainers on in the back for driving or if you need to go bare foot, my big toe is the same size as the accelerator lol!!!

#19 stef

stef

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

ive got the same problem when i wear any other shoes than converse. so maybe try them? unless they arent to your taste :ermm:

#20 Clayman

Clayman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:31 PM

ive got the same problem when i wear any other shoes than converse. so maybe try them? unless they arent to your taste :ermm:

what the hell is converse?

I just need the passenger seat out to get into the back easier to work, i'll see if i can do it tomorrow! yay!

#21 Lt-SilverDragon

Lt-SilverDragon

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image

#22 Lomcevac

Lomcevac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

Good shoes those.

#23 floatintoast

floatintoast

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:07 PM

Attached File  A200015.jpg   6.49K   1 downloads

would this help? would be able to get more than your big toe onto this fella. Not sure if it would reduce space as it extends downwards not left or right. although might get more caught up when braking.

anyone fitted one of these as i have size 12 feet and pedals could do with being a bit bigger?? Strange although im 6ft 2 my standard mini has the most headroom out of all my mates cars!

si

#24 Clayman

Clayman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

Attached File  A200015.jpg   6.49K   1 downloads

would this help? would be able to get more than your big toe onto this fella. Not sure if it would reduce space as it extends downwards not left or right. although might get more caught up when braking.

anyone fitted one of these as i have size 12 feet and pedals could do with being a bit bigger?? Strange although im 6ft 2 my standard mini has the most headroom out of all my mates cars!

si

Nah i would prefer smaller pedals, as the ones that are on it now dont have that much gap between them. Thats converse? eww..

#25 AlexM

AlexM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC, ECMC

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

Ive always thought converse look like clown shoes.... :)

I still like them though, and they are great to drive in! ;D

#26 danccooke

danccooke

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:44 AM

I thought driving barefoot was illegal.

#27 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:45 AM

I thought driving barefoot was illegal.

I believe it is, yes.

#28 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Local Club: I don't play well with others

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:56 AM

Barefoot is illegal? man thats an odd one, i had an automatic city i used to drive bare foot last summer, i didn't trust may sandels to stay on when using heel and toe. Anyway, I used to try my pickup with 12.5 doc martin steel toes. It just takes time to get used to it, but a soft shoe is the best i find, you can feel the pedel though the shoe, thats my 2 pence on it

Yeti

#29 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:33 PM

i drive mine in skate trainers, or my work steelies (size 10). dont bother me at all - just takes a little getting used to.

#30 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:13 AM

I've only got Size 9 and I hit two pedals at once with my Steel Toecaps on. But that is with a centre console. They look good, but don't half get in the way sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users