#1 col7778

col7778

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Local Club: Not as yet

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hi, Just bought another car from a dealer (my daily driver) i am p/xing my current car, but i need to change the private plate over.do i give the dealer my log book, MOT etc.so they can change it over before i pick my new car up, or wait till i have new car, then sort the plate out myself.

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

a quick phone call to your local DVLA office should give you the advice you need

#3 Ocado Man

Ocado Man

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

Logically once you have your 'new' car, you will have given the v5 etc to the dealer. If you pop along to your nearest DVLA office with the correct documentation as described on their website. (I think you need v5, MOT, insurance cert & cash) They will then put your reg number onto a retention certificate. Issue you with a new v5 & stamp the MOT so that it relates to the new number they allocate to your car. You will also need to inform your insurance company of change of reg number.

Part of the cost of the retention cert is the transfer cost onto your 'new' vehicle. Once you have the vehicle & the v5 in your name then you can pop back to the DVLA office & they will transfer it for you.

Or...........as you asked originally, your dealer may well offer the service. Especially if it is a 'New' new car. Probably for a cost mind.

#4 jamesy

jamesy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

it will cost 80 quid (i think), so if you can get your dealer to do it as part of the deal, you save yourself some paperwork, and a few notes. :)

#5 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,047 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

I've always got the dealer to transfer mine as part of the deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users