Photo

Classic Mini Bits .co.uk Sent My Stuff To The Wrong Place?!?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 A.Millican

A.Millican

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

Ok cool,

Yea it was a pain from start to finish.

Thanks sonikk

Milly

#17 Steve.65cooperS

Steve.65cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Yeah I will keep you posted.

Although I'm still sorting the bodywork and not ready for them I still want them as I have waited so long and paid up front straight away.

The guy said 28 days when I paid on 7th July. It's now the 17th sep and not once has he come to me to tell me that there would be a delay etc. I've always had to try and get hold of him and always been told something new.

Hopefully they up and I can move on and have hopefully warned anyone else about them.

Steve

#18 A.Millican

A.Millican

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Just out of interest what parts did you order from them?

Just if you tell me and some are he same as mini I can let you know the problems I have found with them.

Mlly

#19 Steve.65cooperS

Steve.65cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

For the front I ordered-
1X FULLY POWDERCOATED FRONT SUBFRAME WITH CLEANED AND REGREASED SUSPENSION PARTS, POWDER COATED LOWER CONTROL ARMS WITH NEW BUSHES, 2X FRONT HUBS WITH NEW WHEEL BEARINGS, 4X NEW BALL JOINTS, 2X NEW BRAKE CALIPERS, 1X NEW SET OF BRAKE PADS WITH PINS, 2X NEW 7.5" BRAKE DISCS, 2X DRIVE FLANGES, 2X NEW FLEXI BRAKE HOSES, 4X NEW BUMP STOPS UPPER + LOWER, 2X NEW OUTER CV JOINTS AND CV BOOTS 

For the back -
1X NEW AND FULLY POWDERCOATED REAR SUBFRAME, 2X REAR RADIUS ARMS (STRIPPED CLEANED WITH NEW PIN KIT FITTED), 2X POWDERCOATED BRAKE BACK PLATES, 2X NEW WHEEL CYLINDERS, 1X NEW BRAKE SHOES, 2X BRAKE DRUMS, 1X NEW BRAKE SPRING KIT, 2X NEW FLEXI BRAKE HOSES, 2X NEW BRAKE PIPES, 1X SUBFRAME TRUNION RUBBER MOUNTING KIT, 1X TRUNION KIT, 2X POWDER COATED RADIUS ARM BRACKETS 

Sorry for the long list. Found it easier to copy and paste! I also ordered a shock absorber kit. I just wanted to buyi all complete so I could concentrate on the body work and just have to bolt the frames in all built up. At the minute it seems like I should have just done it myself. I really hope they turn up though!!!!

Steve

#20 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'm not going to try and defend classic mini bits but I do know that the owner Jason has had a hellish time of late and has had a huge personal issue to deal with.

He's usually pretty good and this is pretty much out of character for him.

#21 Wakey-Dan

Wakey-Dan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Local Club: Leeds Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Ill second that, jays a top bloke with a good business. always been friendly and helpful to me in person.

#22 Steve.65cooperS

Steve.65cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I can totally understand that if you know him in person that he may be a great guy.

My issue is only know him in a business situation and unfortunately it hasn't been impressive. I've been pretty easy going with the whole thing towards him even when being kept in the dark for weeks at a time wondering whats happening. When it involves your hard earned money you can only look at it in a certain way. Unfortunately me not being the only one to have a problem has prompted me to write on here about it.

I got promised they would be here today last Thursday. There not here and I haven't heard anything but I will wait til end of tomorrow and see if they appear.

Steve

#23 A.Millican

A.Millican

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

I do not personally know him, my comments pointed no blame towards him as an individual either. There is more than 1 person working for this company, Jason did actually deliver the products personally after many delays and problems which I do appreciate a lot.

I spent more than 1000 pounds and was expecting a better service. Even after the stuff was delivered there are parts missing..odd nuts here and there etc...for that much money I was not expecting to have to go around the full assembly's checking torque settings and components. I had to spend another 80 quid to get the stuff right.

Milly

#24 Steve.65cooperS

Steve.65cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

What a shock. No delivery and no contact!

#25 Leekr89

Leekr89

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 MINIS

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

i'm also having the same problems with classic mini bits, after ordering a complete front subframe with 7.5" brakes for £475.00 all i've had is nothing but problems with this company.

I bought it on the 24th of august but so far received nothing. i originally said i would collect as i'd prefer that over being damaged/lost by a delivery company, they said that was fine and and the ebay ad said it would take up to 25 days to be built up.

Nearly a month and a half passed and didnt hear anything from them, sent them a message but no reply. sent another saying i will report it as unreceived due to me hearing nothing from them, and was getting close to not being able to claim my money back through ebay.

straight away they message me back rather annoyed that i was going to do this, apparently they had e-mailed me a while ago saying it was ready and its been sat doing nothing for about 2 weeks?

i have had no e-mails from them and i check my e-mails daily, he said he was away on holiday so told me to messge back the next week to arrange delivery, so i messaged back but didnt get a reply, couple of messages later i got a reply saying the boss has suffered a bad head injury and cannot work, so they would post the subframe out to me free of charge,

ive now heard nothing from them since the 12th of october and have sent them 5 messages through ebay, im gradually getting very concerned and dont know what the next option is to do, ive tried ringing them a few times but nobody has ever answered, they are still selling on ebay so im guessing the place is still open for business,

im now thinking just to drive down there one day and hope the place is open so i can just collect it, that or see if i can get somewhere through trading standards / small claims court, what do you guys think?

#26 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

I was once accused of trying to steal a front subframe worth £40 by this guy.
He lied about postage and the dates sent etc then cut off contact. I started a dispute with PP and then he ended up saying I was trying to steal £40 from him,
Real Jem

#27 ibrooks

ibrooks

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

And the lesson is to open a dispute on the last day that you can unless you have the parts and are happy with them. That way they either supply the parts and you close the dispute when you are happy or you get your money back. If you let them just fob you off until the deadline has passed then they no longer have as much incentive to actually supply their bits.

I've been stung before and now do this as a matter of course on any dealings through ebay. If delivery is slow I'll give them a gentle prod but if it's getting towards the end of the claim period I warn them that I will open a dispute unless I have the stuff no matter what they might promise.

Iain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users