168 replies to this topic

#1 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hello ive been on this forum for a few months or so and thought i would start a blog on my new mini Project which i brought a few months back its a 1990 Mini Mayfair, which i brought in great condition in my opinion as it was all structualy welded and recently had new subframes fitted along with a good service history :lol: so i was very please for what i paid for her.

IMG_03411.jpg

IMG_03581.jpg

This is actually my second project car as i used to have a little 106 which i put a GTI kit and leather seats . Greatly Missed :unsure:

Attached File  IMG_0228.jpg   68.46K   30 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0031.jpg   38.59K   22 downloads

Plans
  • Chrome Bumpers/ Grills Ect
  • Prep for respray Choose a Colour ( Opinions Needed whites and blues ??) :thumbsup:
  • Decided on Group 2 arches Wide Arches and Superlights. so need to Cut arches Ect
  • Audio/ Parcal Shelf, Blue
  • Interior decide on seats and dash spec.
  • Possilbe Engine Change or 998cc Tuning... this is a long way off :geek:

#2 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Updates

Chrome Bumpers and grills and some lovely Wipa Spot lights ive also brought some blue Fabric for my Back speaker Shelf (Probably Not to everyones Taste but hay ;D ) going for a white and blue Theme for somthing different.

Posted Image
Posted Image
updates on my Fuzzy Parcal Shelf soon

i also got rid the off the arches as they were looking a bit battered and so i could see if thier was any damage under them.

didnt turn out so bad just had a bit off fulling and sanding which was in the below thread (didnt want to post the same thing twice) also had a go a deseaming.

http://www.theminifo...61#entry2569561

Comments welcome :proud:

Attached Files

Edited by tomb1992, 27 September 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#3 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Finished and fitted my speaker Shelf today Very happy with the outcome, might do some off my other dash parts in the same fabric =]

Posted ImagePosted Image

Attached Files

Edited by tomb1992, 27 September 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#4 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Got a early birthday present today ! :D
Posted ImagePosted Image
Got some Group 2 wide arches, going to have them sprayed white and hopfully get some super lites, Tho i know that these archs are going to be hell to fit as i will have to cut the front arches a bit so any info or advise will be very much apreciated >_< .

Minis up for MOT Monday :wacko: so i will update soon(probably on how broke i am from repairs :P )

Comments welcome

Edited by tomb1992, 27 September 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#5 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

The Mini Past its MOT :D :D ! was only advised on a slitly leaky exhaust
this is definatly the cheapest car ive put through a MOT :proud:

next on my todo list is get my Arches Sprayed and a chrome strip
and wire up a CD player!!

Attached Files

Edited by tomb1992, 27 September 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#6 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Was a really sunny day yesturday so finally had the chance to work on my Wide arches >_< !

Sanded
Posted Image

Base coated
Posted Image

Painted

Posted ImagePosted Image

Love the out come of this came out alot more shiny than i thought. Next up is alloys which i will be getting next Saturday carnt wait :D !!

Attached Files

Edited by tomb1992, 27 September 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#7 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

big Update today Got My superlites :lol: :w00t: :w00t: !!
thier 6x12 and i have some 10mm spacers for them carnt wait to see them on my car i will be having a got at this tomorro so i can see where i need to cut my front arches and were best to mount my Group 2 wide arches. very happy with my purchase the guy at Min-its was very helpful and the price was great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Posted Image

In other news i have been trying desperatly for hours to take my top dash shelf off :xxx: :xxx: ! the the centre bolt that holds it in place has a massive thread so i pritty much had to crowbar it away from the body in the end!

sighhh! but its out know and iam going to use the same fabric i used on my parcel sheilf so fingers crossed will look good.

i will update with more pics tomorro. thanks for looking
Posted Image

Edited by tomb1992, 31 March 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#8 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Fitted my Fabric today not to sure if i will keep it tho. any thoughts? i lite the top rail but not sure about the padding by the vents. i really need to get rid of the gray plastic rail underneth.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by tomb1992, 31 March 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#9 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Managed to swapped my studs and fit my super lites this weekend been a complete nightmare cutting the front arches but Posted Imagemanaged to get them clear.
Posted Image

#10 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Looks good! Not sure about the fluffy dash liner or rail but....

Also, would have been easier and better to fit the arches and then paint them:) also, remember top paint the bare metal from where you have cut the arches for the wheels to clear

#11 Tahiti Joe

Tahiti Joe

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Looking good buddy, same as dodger not sure if I'd have the fluffy look in my car, but it does look very cool! And is certainly unique! :D

Is your rear valance rusting away though... Or is it just the photos? :P

#12 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Looks good! Not sure about the fluffy dash liner or rail but....

Also, would have been easier and better to fit the arches and then paint them:) also, remember top paint the bare metal from where you have cut the arches for the wheels to clear

Thanks Yes i also agree the dash will have to go at some point more than a bit to much :X . yer i did get a bit carried away with the spraying thought i wanted get that done as its taking me ages to cut my arches. got a sloped drive so once i cut them and drop my car on a flat surface and my car settles the arches are still rubbing! getting scared feels like i'am taking loads of to get the wheels to fit :unsure: and will paint and make sure the underside of the arches are smooth and painted after :w00t: Thanks

Looking good buddy, same as dodger not sure if I'd have the fluffy look in my car, but it does look very cool! And is certainly unique! :D

Is your rear valance rusting away though... Or is it just the photos? :P

Thank you >_< and yes have a bit off a hole by the valance and inside the drivers side arch so need to fibre-glass it before i put my arches on.

#13 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Fitted some off my arches today didnt do front Passenger side as i need to have a new A frame.hears some pics of my arches fitted very please with how they look. They will need a touch up tho as i have made a few marks in the paint. Just need the chrome strip to go on the arch lip :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

looks good:D how you held the arches on? if you used self tappers a bit of silicone sealer on the screw before you put it in stops the holes rusting up:P

oh, and the minisport arch finishing strip really finished these arches off well, it goes around that lip near the screw holes and where it touches the body. also stops the arches rubbing through the paint when the arches vibrate

#15 tomb1992

tomb1992

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

looks good:D how you held the arches on? if you used self tappers a bit of silicone sealer on the screw before you put it in stops the holes rusting up:P

oh, and the minisport arch finishing strip really finished these arches off well, it goes around that lip near the screw holes and where it touches the body. also stops the arches rubbing through the paint when the arches vibrate

Cheers! loving it at the moment. oops just used self tappers O_O so that is something to go back to as i have to spray some dinks in the arches any way.Is the finishing strip like a rubber seal that runs round the edge? as i can go and get some when i get the chrome lip for them and again appreciate the opinion and Info. :proud:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users