BigDave99

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local Club: NA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hey guys
Ok I want to swap the ugly the electric sunroof switch I have in my MPI for an old school chrome toggle switch. The toggle switch is just a 3 pin switch which I would call a push to make switch, it switches either way but returns to the middle by itself. I thought that this would be perfect. Had a look at the old switch today and can't figure it out. The plug on the back has 5 wires going into it, one is a permanent live like I expected, and two go live depending on which way button you push (back or forward). Fine so far, but can't figure out what the other two do! I mocked up the new switch using wires from the new switch to the plug but can't get it to work. It was also grounded. Below are what I'm faced with and also what I want to use.
Any help and suggestions welcome.
DaveAttached File  image.jpg   90.11K   3 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   52.34K   8 downloads

#2 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

in one of the threads abovd there is a thread called pdf guides.
goes to page3 and open the electrical library guide. section 4.5 is about the sunroof......i would paste a link but my phone won't let me lol

#3 BigDave99

BigDave99

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local Club: NA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Thanks mate, just found it. I have attached it below, to be honest that diagram is what I expected to find but it isn't what I have. On the diagram there are 4 wires, I have 5. Reckon there are 2 earths I.E both the browns.
Regards
DaveAttached File  image.jpg   29.61K   6 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users