Photo

New On Here & With Rare Immaculate Mini 25 !!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 rolypoly

rolypoly

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:28 AM

Hello to everybody on here !

No doubt you'll be able to tell I'm new to this forum and really after some advice from the seasoned Mini lovers ..it's a bit of a long story but hopefully someone might be able to offer some advice ?

My mum's a lovely german woman who knows what she wants and will never settle for second best ;-)
about 12 years ago she fell in love with the Mini 25 .........no other car would do , she couldn't even drive but made it her quest to get a Mini 25 after passing her driving test !
She passed her test in 1997 and set about hunting down an imaculate Mini 25 ............of course there weren't many around that weren't full of rot already by then and it was like looking for a needle ina haystack.
I took her up to Blackpool to see one for £1200 but it was decidely on it's way out and required work and she soon started to lose heart.

By pure chance in 1999 I saw in Autotrader a pristine Mini 25 for sale in Bromsgrove that had won many Mini events and only had about 14000 miles on the clock ...........too good to be true ?
I went to see it immediately after taking the afternoon off work and put a deposit down there and then, it was absolutely immaculate and looked and drove as if it was brand new.........it had been garaged for several years, wax oiled and truely lovingly maintained.

To cut a long story short she bought it for £2500 including a brand new set of Minilite alloys as the originals were starting to show signs of wear and my mum was SO over the moon it was unbelievable.
She's since spent every other weekend lovingly cleaning it and driving it only in the dry and it has to be said she's maintained it whatever the cost, she'sloved it to bits.

She rang me at the weekend to see what I thought about her selling it onto to someone who might want this future classic investment as she's just turned 70 and is starting to feel very nervous about driving. She's had 7 years of enjoyment from it but I totally understand why she's thinking of selling it.

SO if you've read this far thanks ;-)

It's got less than 25000 miles on the clock and is in pristine condition. My gut feeling is that it has to be worth at least £4000 but again a car is only worth what someone's prepared to pay for it and I think even though it's now 22 years old it's as if brand new !!!

I would appreciate some advice from anyone on here who might have an opinion and I look forward to hearing replies and opinions on how I can get the best deal for my old dear ;-)

Regards,

Roland

#2 Tom Sanderson

Tom Sanderson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

welcome to TMF :D

looks like you will have pleanty to say :D

#3 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

Hey welcome to the forum and what a great story! :D

Obviously without pictures and more details of the car its difficult to put a price on it but i think you'd be lucky to get £4k to be honest

Its a good start trying to sell to dedicated mini people like us as we'll apprieciate it more :D try putting an post in the For Sale section giving as much info as possible.

I'm sure others on here will help you out too

#4 minipixie

minipixie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Local Club: Lincoln TMF and Notts TMF

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:59 AM

hey welcome to the fourm!!

got any pics of the mini! sounds lush!

#5 rolypoly

rolypoly

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:37 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the replies sofar :D
Will get some pictures of her mini on here soon, just need to get them to use the digital camera they got for xmas & transfer them to a CD to post to me !!!

Will keep you all posted & I appreciate all your comments.

Cheers,

Roland

#6 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

You are right that Mini25's are getting rare, and even rarer in original trim... but unfortunately not worth 4k and to be honest you will be lucky to get the 2.5k you paid for it....

If you have evidence of concourse winning, prizes, certificates then there will be more appeal to the flatcap/trailer brigade. Also documented history of the vehicle is also vital to command such a price.

Good luck on your quest, and also welcome to the forum.

#7 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:42 PM

Hi,

I have one too, not as original or rot free but still nice
And have got some info on the history of the 25, if you want I can email it to you.

As Guesswork’s has said unfortunately they aren't worth that much.

Karl

#8 Tru Playa

Tru Playa

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:44 PM

welcome dude have fun on the forum and good luck with the car

#9 stirx

stirx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:06 PM

I LOVE 25'S

:D:D:D:D:d

#10 rolypoly

rolypoly

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:46 AM

Attached File  mini25.JPG   693.76K   49 downloadsAll,

Sounds depressing that they might not be worth all that much, however pristine the condition and with all the history over the 22 years ..........as I said I suppose they are only worth what's someone's prepared to pay although I hope I can at least get her back the original outlay of £2500 ?

Here's a piccie I dug out that I took a few years ago , more to follow :D

#11 stirx

stirx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:13 PM

OH MY!!

Where did the 25 grill badge come from!!!???

Ive been looking for one for ages!

#12 Bigbudders

Bigbudders

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:37 AM

I reckon you'd get £2500 mate. Just finding someone who wants a good condition mini, who don't mind driving with drums :P

Try the mini classifieds in Minimag and miniworld....more people see it, more chance you got.

Best of luck :-

#13 sssstew

sssstew

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred & Exhausted Minis of Milton Keynes

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:15 PM

eh? its B reg so it will be on disk brakes.

nice 25 though... we want more pics!

#14 Bigbudders

Bigbudders

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

Doh! Course it is, silly me. :P

Shopuld be even easier then :-

#15 Dom

Dom