#1 jif2006

jif2006

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:29 AM

Hey,

Having a few minor problems with the engine lol.........

I is playing sluggish and seems like its not getting enough fuel of air misxture does anyone no the correct way to tweek the fuel mixture plz.

Also what type of oil shoul i be putting in the carb?

Cheers TMF

Bad

#2 Tom Sanderson

Tom Sanderson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:07 AM

to alter the mixture you have to turn the large nut above the main jet at the bottom of the carb, screw it out and it will get richer and screw it in and it will get leaner.
i use '3 in 1' in my dashpot, but normal engine oil will do fine :D

#3 topcat

topcat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Local Club: Six-Ex Mini Owners Club

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:16 AM

What carb do u have? On a HIF44 the mixture screw is at the back of the carb on the left side as you look at it. Just below the fuel inlet. Also, have you added any modifications such as a freeflow exhaust\LCB\Air filter recently? If so this will upset the mixture and you will need to change the needle in the carb to get the correct mixture through out the range of revs.

You can only set the mixture at idle, the rest is dictated by the needle.

3 in 1 works OK in the dashpot but you might find it dissapears quite quickly because it is so thin. SU oil is a bit thicker, you can get this from Burlen SU suppliers in Salisbury. Engine oil works but sometimes is a bit thick, try to use thinner engine oil if poss. 10w30, synthetic is better as it doesnt vary with temperature so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users