#1 zinzan

zinzan

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Local Club: me and my imaginary friend

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Any fellow cold climate types out there sorting out their winter storage? Or do you just tarp it under a tree?

#2 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Mine stays on the drive like a Boss.

Just Under seal and make sure the window seals are secure, top up with anti freeze and leave the battery on a charger that only comes into play when its got a certain amount of charge.

#3 minidave1991-89

minidave1991-89

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Local Club: Charnwood Minis

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Mine lives in the garage, with a radiator and draft excluders around the door. Usually do all the big jobs during the winter ready for the summer season :)

#4 zinzan

zinzan

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'm still working on convincing the other half to go for a garage in the yard. As a result, the Mini would be be tarped. Lots of -30C or lower nights here and I'd be concerned about freezing up, split hoses, etc. Not a lot of heated indoor storage around, and what there is fills up quickly with the 9000 Mustang 5.0s around these parts. My mechanic is still working on the car and offered to store it inside...for a dear price, however. Not a lot of alternatives so I'll suck it up this year.

#5 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Winter is the best time for driving :D

#6 minidave1991-89

minidave1991-89

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Local Club: Charnwood Minis

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm still working on convincing the other half to go for a garage in the yard. As a result, the Mini would be be tarped. Lots of -30C or lower nights here and I'd be concerned about freezing up, split hoses, etc. Not a lot of heated indoor storage around, and what there is fills up quickly with the 9000 Mustang 5.0s around these parts. My mechanic is still working on the car and offered to store it inside...for a dear price, however. Not a lot of alternatives so I'll suck it up this year.

-30!! thats bloomin cold! Have you thought about getting a gazebo and putting it in there or a Carcoon? you can heat them and they come in all different shapes and sizes.

#7 zinzan

zinzan

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

-30!! thats bloomin cold! Have you thought about getting a gazebo and putting it in there or a Carcoon? you can heat them and they come in all different shapes and sizes.

I have a 10'x20' canvas tarp garage on steel frame. Problem is that it won't retain the heat!

You get used to the -30 after a month or two... :ohno:

#8 zinzan

zinzan

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Winter is the best time for driving :D

Yeah, well I'll stick with my 4WD and snow/ice tires rather than banging up the Mini. Maybe once I buy a 2nd one however....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users