198 replies to this topic

#166 paul_s

paul_s

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hmm, tempted to compare - I recorded it when it was on TV, would be interesting to see what it was for!
I'm unashamed to say I entered - I like the seats, plus if I won it would fund sorting my car ;-)

#167 minisi35

minisi35

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club shropshire

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

There were too many short cuts for it to be worth anything like what that inspector valued it at! The engine bay was a mess and why did they not continue the white side stripes down the whole of the car and not just the door and the rear quarters!

We need to get the number of that inspector/valuer to quote us all on how much our cars are worth for agreed valuation insurance!!

#168 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Posted Image

#169 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

Previously known as C4NN0N.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

The anger in this thread is hilarious!

The fact that you seem to be imagining all the people who thought the program was nonsense are angry is also hilarious. (Yeah, I know one said he was angry but that's hardly the general consensus).

I didn't say it was the consensus, just that some people are taking this so seriously. If you don't like it then don't watch it. I bet 95% of the people on this thread will still watch the next episode, while scoffing and moaning afterwards.

Of course it's nonsense, but it's still entertaining (to a degree). Doesn't mean people have to get upset about it.

It's more the fact that they are showing the world that they can do a bloody awful job of something, with no knowledge, no respect and no pride in their work and get praised and paid for it, when there are a LOT of decent budding mechanics who would love the opportunity to do something like that properly.

It's like me going on Strictly Come Dancing (I can't dance!) and getting edited so I look great (to those who have little knowledge) when I don't deserve to do anything like that! Give it to someone who wants to do it properly!

Just cheap reality TV IMO, no better than big brother etc.

#170 cooperhawk

cooperhawk

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Aaaah Mario what the f.......... have you done the ,must be done in 2 secs, poor guy up all night spraying.Same every week just different car, and not properly finished.

#171 Vulcan

Vulcan

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Just saw the mini episode. The hood had an overbite worse than Esther Rantzen.

When you're using reclaimed parts on an esoteric vehicle, learning as you go and fighting to keep originality every step of the way, so it's not concourse, little idiosyncrasies can be forgiven.

Thing is, when you're working on something like a Mini with sterling parts backup and you're professing to be a 'professhunal' the job has to be perfect. No compromise and no donuts pulled out of skips either.

#172 BVY

BVY

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

I just watched it online. Haha i bumped into Wayne (the long haired one) at Minispares buying loads of parts for that.

I think the whole programme (like all of television) is a total sham.

#173 tom1

tom1

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

IT's just bad, car crash TV and we all watched it, so who is the fool ! They got paid to make it.

#174 stonemonkey

stonemonkey

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Local Club: www.gtmdrivers.com

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

just watched some of the american version on a friends sky, it follows exactly same script, has a guy shouting, some one walks out, use of a different car, even did the scene with the man that can get any part for any car, doesn't shake hands or budge on the over inflated price. its only a bit of fun like top gear, that too has a total tit and the versions around the world follow same format but it still gets viewers.

#175 Tspoon

Tspoon

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I'd like to punch the producer in the head. Watching this sort of bodge artistry on the telly takes the reality out of restoration. I did watch it though, out of interest...... and to see who jumped of the sofa first and shook their fist at it (was hubby, he's got a temper :gimme:) I'm as docile as a pigeon but still got my back up!

#176 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm gonna miss this programme!!

Lets hope they do another series!!

#177 Yoda

Yoda

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Local Club: Medway mini club

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Cant wait shifty. Bring it on.

Anything to get a good thread going on here!

Gotta go now, its on catchup tv LOL

#178 fhyphenj

fhyphenj

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

What a mess this program has become.

Who on earth where they aiming the program at?! Surely people with some knowledge of restoring cars would be the main target audience.

Obviously not though!!

i concur ;-)

#179 barker93

barker93

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Local Club: Scarborough mini owners club

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

this program made restoring a classic car as simple as building a lego model, it was utter garbage. Only thing i thought was worth watching on the program was when the were talking about the mini's past other than that it was just like a laurel and hardy sketch and i think even that's insulting to them!

#180 ginsters

ginsters

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

not saying anything,but i reckon this guy was on philip scoffields list.......

Posted Image

tut tut

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users