Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Local Club: Lincoln TMF and Notts TMF

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:06 PM

k, a while ago i posted this topic

clicky

and have only just got round to actually trying to have a go at fixing it today, went outside un screwed the screws on either side, but just couldnt get the black cowl off!! it wasnt having any of it! i know minimadjonesy said in the last post that it's got three screws, i could only find 2 and a pissible place where the third should have been but there wasnt one there, but it still wouldnt come off. i could pull apart the top end, but something seemed to be holding the bottum edges together and it wasnt having any of it >:D any ideas how i get it off???

also, whilst fiddling with the stork, i noticed that my horn only work when the lights aren't on! anyone know what this could be??

Cheers, sian

#2 frostie

frostie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:19 PM

There will be one there....

Try a smaller(thinner) screwdriver....

#3 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:34 PM

There is a third one. At the bottom, the screw is fitted from the right hand side and is quite deep into the cowl.

Sounds to me like you might need a new stalk switch. If the flasher doesn't work and when the lights are on the horn doesn't either then it's probably fallen apart inside to some extent. Or it could be bodged wiring somewhere.

#4 minipixie

minipixie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Local Club: Lincoln TMF and Notts TMF

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:42 PM

There is a third one. At the bottom, the screw is fitted from the right hand side and is quite deep into the cowl.

Sounds to me like you might need a new stalk switch. If the flasher doesn't work and when the lights are on the horn doesn't either then it's probably fallen apart inside to some extent. Or it could be bodged wiring somewhere.

having said that, it could be bodged wiring somewhere, when sh ecame back from the garage her lights werent working, took it to a closer garage and they said the wiring was all wrong, so much so that they were starting to melt! lol!

right, gonna go n have another look for this screw!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users