459 replies to this topic

#391 Andymini

Andymini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well done Steve and thanks for taking the time to show it at Bingley. I hope you had a great day. I reckon the majority support you and look forward to seeing it restored. Best wishes Jim

cheers jim yes it was a great day and met up with james ...and met some great people all off here and they introduced themselves and gave me their support it was my first show and thought it was brilliant ...strangely enough i didnt meet any of the haters

Keyboard warriors mate. I think you have done the right thing by this car. Top work can't wait to see it finished. I'm just starting out my own restoration on a '79 GT.

good luck

#392 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Well done Steve and thanks for taking the time to show it at Bingley. I hope you had a great day. I reckon the majority support you and look forward to seeing it restored. Best wishes Jim

cheers jim yes it was a great day and met up with james ...and met some great people all off here and they introduced themselves and gave me their support it was my first show and thought it was brilliant ...strangely enough i didnt meet any of the haters

Keyboard warriors mate. I think you have done the right thing by this car. Top work can't wait to see it finished. I'm just starting out my own restoration on a '79 GT.

good luck

cheers andy and good luck with your build

#393 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

oh come off it no one really cares. if they did they would have done something with it. they would have probably used it as landfill when filling in the tunnels, which they are bound to do. he probably did them a favour!

*Cough*Breaking the law in the process but hey YOLO

Jealous? I think so...

In what way are you assuming I'm jealous.

At that point in thread, we didn't know he had permission. So taking it out would've technically been breaking the law, ie. Stealing!

i see you are spreading your word on other forums like the clio one ...fair enough we all have our own opinions ..but as for leaving a bit of history at longbridge ...do you not realise it has all gone at longbridge the mini would of been hauled out the tunnel and cut up i have salvaged lots of parts from the longbridge factory i have even registered the limited name ..google it and find out ..AUSTIN MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED ..it belongs to me steve morgan ..not for any financial gain i do these things because most people who think they own a mini makes them a bleeding know it all ...well it doesnt ..call yourself a mini fan if it was a "barn find " it would be the find of the century and if you was at bingley you should of made your opinions felt then and i could of put things right face to face ....i do this because i am proud of my heritage if i dont know about things i keep my mouth shut ....longbridge/austin its all gone mate there is now a sainsburys there but i have a small piece off the austin in my garage

#394 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

the registration of the austin motor company limited
and other bits of the factory

Attached Files

• Attached File  004.JPG   22.58K   39 downloads
  • Attached File  003.JPG   53.39K   10 downloads
  • Attached File  012.JPG   28.51K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  001.JPG   28.26K   14 downloads

#395 Noah

Noah

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

oh come off it no one really cares. if they did they would have done something with it. they would have probably used it as landfill when filling in the tunnels, which they are bound to do. he probably did them a favour!

Jealous? I think so...

At that point in thread, we didn't know he had permission. So taking it out would've technically been breaking the law, ie. Stealing!

i see you are spreading your word on other forums like the clio one ...fair enough we all have our own opinions ..but as for leaving a bit of history at longbridge ...do you not realise it has all gone at longbridge the mini would of been hauled out the tunnel and cut up i have salvaged lots of parts from the longbridge factory i have even registered the limited name ..google it and find out ..AUSTIN MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED ..it belongs to me steve morgan ..not for any financial gain i do these things because most people who think they own a mini makes them a bleeding know it all ...well it doesnt ..call yourself a mini fan if it was a "barn find " it would be the find of the century and if you was at bingley you should of made your opinions felt then and i could of put things right face to face ....i do this because i am proud of my heritage if i dont know about things i keep my mouth shut ....longbridge/austin its all gone mate there is now a sainsburys there but i have a small piece off the austin in my garage

I said nothing bad!

I said it was cool to see its out, though I personally would've left it in there, whats wrong with that?

If you have a genuine problem with me, feel free to PM me.

Edited by Noah, 30 January 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#396 rids

rids

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Jealous? I think so...

don't let the moaners sour this project! it's yours now to do what you want with it. I'm sure you'll not please everybody. but its a fantastic opportunity to save a bit of history. you will have more people with you than against you. keep posting, it's great reading,

#397 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, I saw it at Bingley as well, looks a load better in the flesh(or should that be steel?). Kudos for saving it, looking forward to seeing what you do with the car.

#398 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

these are the windows from the last part of the original austin factory to be demolished they was put in in 1916 when they are restored they come up like new

Attached Files

• Attached File  031.JPG   71.76K   20 downloads
  • Attached File  005.JPG   66.34K   19 downloads
  • Attached File  008.JPG   43.09K   8 downloads
  • Attached File  006.JPG   53.9K   9 downloads
  • Attached File  002.JPG   74.06K   10 downloads

#399 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

these are the windows from the last part of the original austin factory to be demolished they was put in in 1916 when they are restored they come up like new

this is just a small collection of my heritage collection of the austin motor company if i had more room i would of collected more ...a lot more there was some unbelievable bits going in the skips tons and tons of our heritage and when its gone ...its gone for good

#400 Andymini

Andymini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

You are doing a good thing there Steve. Thumbs up!!!

#401 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

the registration of the austin motor company limited
and other bits of the factory

these L signs are from the original austin factory from about 1930s the K signs are in gaydon so these are the next best thing

#402 Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger

" I AM THE SPECIAL ONE"

• Members
  • 4,435 posts
  • Local Club: aint no body got time fo dat

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Can someone change his title to
*longbridge hero?

Very nice too see other parts saved! The Austin motor company limited name being registered to you is awsome!!

#403 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

cheers lads i appreciate the great comments

#404 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Got to say steve im impressed with what your doing.
I used to look at this car years ago on 28 days later wishing I could see it in the flesh,its like an urban legend to me,thankfully through your work and dedication I got my wish at bingley.
Keep at it fella!!

#405 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

You're doing a great job! You just cant please em all, all of the time mate ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users