459 replies to this topic

#436 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

Due to bad weather and a problem with transporting a mini with no wheels to a very wet and soggy field the tunnel mini wont be attending the pride of longbridge at cofton park the organizers cannot guarantee us a plot for the mini and the van to bring it in ...sorry

#437 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Are you planning on showing it anywhere else?

Brands Hatch Mini Festival for example ???? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

#438 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Due to bad weather and a problem with transporting a mini with no wheels to a very wet and soggy field the tunnel mini wont be attending the pride of longbridge at cofton park the organizers cannot guarantee us a plot for the mini and the van to bring it in ...sorry

Looks like being a washout

#439 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

i asked the organizors if we could have a plot with the mini under a gazebo next to the van to shelter it from bad weather but they said there was no room for the mini and a van so unfortunatly we will leave it where it is

#440 A-Cell

A-Cell

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Not a lot to ask. Shame on the organisers. The turn out will be curtailed by the weather and I reckon a lot of people who were going so they could see the GT now won't.

#441 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

For those who are still going, there have been chances to the usual site layout. Room is very tight this year due to the difficulties with the park - I would not want to be the orgnaisers, what a nightmare :(

PoL is a important event with huge significance to Longbridge and no amount of rain will stop me and I hate the rain! However, I do understand why some with 'rain sensitive cars' (I'm not taking the mickey - I do understand) have pulled out. We should still hit the 100 car mark on the Cowley Convoy, which is great given that this year marks 100 years of motor manufacturing in Cowley, and for 48 years of those, Cowley was linked with Longbridge.

For those who are still going, the pleas from the organisers are please cooperate with the marshalls and park where they ask you to (it might not be with your model or friends), dogs to be on leads (following complaints from last year) and please be careful driving on the grass - no wheel spinning etc.

This event is well worth supporting. It both marks and remembers the 6,000+ jobs lost in 2005 and celebrates everything that is Longbridge or Longbridge connected.

Here is the site plan and a few words from John Baker:

The Pride of Longbridge will take place, BUT owing to the area allocated to us by the Parks department because of the ground conditions. We are only able to allocate a few areas where certain models can park. So all other cars will have to park in area D. It would help the organisers if all owners could park their cars as close as possible.

Thank you for your support in making this POL the best ever.

Kind regards
John Baker
ALF Chairman

Posted Image

EDIT: Before you all shout - this map is not to scale!

Edited by Tanya, 12 April 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#442 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

fair comment tanya but it is now midday on the day befor the event and i havent had an email to confirm any plot at all with or without my van ...i will be attending myself but the mini will stay in the dry.....and i got the mini out as everyone knows for those 6000 men and woman ...but thanks anyway

#443 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I know Steven - it is not easy. However, what I can say from organising events in a voluntary capacity (time/financial constraints) is that it is very hard to meet everyone's requirements and that's without having to contend with problems like restrictions with the park. I know that all those concerned work extremely hard to try and make the best day they can for everyone, but sometimes things aren't possible, get missed etc. The last event I managed voluntarily I was down to 5 hours sleep per night for two or three weeks (having to fit it round work and personal life) so I know just how hard it is to keep all the balls in the air.

Hopefully we will see your 1275GT at other shows this year. Maybe Gaydon? It's a controversial show at the moment, I know. However, I'm about to start work on that once PoL is been and gone and along with others, work to get a show that many will enjoy.

#444 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

no i totally understand but i think a lot of people wanted to see the tunnel mini ...but i will be there myself tomorrow..thanks again

#445 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

no i totally understand but i think a lot of people wanted to see the tunnel mini ...but i will be there myself tomorrow..thanks again

Steven, please can you contact Gemma Cartwright a.s.a.p. She wants to help you get the Longbridge Tunnel 1275GT to PoL. https://www.facebook...p_comment_reply

#446 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

tanya i spoke to gemma who is a organisers at POL and she said the van could of come in and i shouldnt of been told by anyone that it couldnt come in

#447 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

for those people who havent seen the mini up close i will be showing it at my workplace in the b32 area of birmingham for a couple of hours on a saturday morning in about 3 weeks time (depending on response) if there is a good response i will open up and show it we have ample parking with toilets and a few places to buy food anyone interested in seeing it in its unrestored state maybe for the last time either post on here or pm me ...we are about 2 miles from junction 3 of the m5
thanks steve

#448 shaddy

shaddy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

the registration of the austin motor company limited
and other bits of the factory

Whats your plan with the newly registered company

#449 stevem4323

stevem4323

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

no plans it was just to highlight the fact that it was a lapsed name but the company has one asset and thats the last mini to leave longbridge ...

#450 shaddy

shaddy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

how come the mini is going up for action?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users