#31 Jake Didsbury

Jake Didsbury

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Local Club: Barnsley Mini Club

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi there think this is really cool, mine is a cooper, reg is W503 KAW, it is 2000 but does it fall into the cooper classic range because it was registered in march, im not sure on this?

also its quite a rarish colour that you dont see often, paint code shows it as been Adriatic blue , not Tahiti blue its a much darker blue than that ive only ever seen two others that same colour

thanks
Jake

Edited by Jake Didsbury, 11 December 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#32 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hi there think this is really cool, mine is a cooper, reg is W503 KAW, it is 2000 but does it fall into the cooper classic range because it was registered in march, im not sure on this?

also its quite a rarish colour that you dont see often, paint code shows it as been Adriatic blue , not Tahiti blue its a much darker blue than that ive only ever seen two others that same colour

thanks
Jake

Have you got any pictures? I've never even heard of this colour let alone seen one.

#33 PB Mini Cooper 1.3i

PB Mini Cooper 1.3i

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Mines a 2000 cooper sport w657 hsa does it qualify ?

#34 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Mines a 2000 cooper sport w657 hsa does it qualify ?

Yes :D :D

#35 hennasxi

hennasxi

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

thanks
Jake

Jake, although the idea was for the 'classic range', I've created a seperate section for 'other 2000' cars, so it qualifies for that

#36 sport2000

sport2000

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Great idea but I have reservations..where is all this data for all these registered vehicles being stored..there will obviously be vin numbers etc etc that in theory could be compromised..

As much as I think it's a great idea I'm not entirely cool about providing vin number,engine number,etc and personal details..

Maybe it's just me!

#37 mini.30

mini.30

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Local Club: I Ride Solo

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

The same thought had crossed my mind. Would love to get involved but will not be registering quite yet

#38 jamesmpi

jamesmpi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Great idea but I have reservations..where is all this data for all these registered vehicles being stored..there will obviously be vin numbers etc etc that in theory could be compromised..

As much as I think it's a great idea I'm not entirely cool about providing vin number,engine number,etc and personal details..

Maybe it's just me!

+1

#39 hennasxi

hennasxi

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

All, concerns understood regarding confidential info. The register data is not available online except for a high level listing of number of car types (e.g. Sevens, Sports etc), colours, country location, which is interesting statistics, nor does anyone have access to the detailed data. The info stored does not contain personal information about the owners, it only contains info that is readily available via the internet should you wish to pay for it, or in the case of some of the info for free via the DLVA.

The purpose of the registers is to track and establish facts and details on the cars, and to assist where possible in establishing the authenticity of any vehicle should someone be uncertain and in need of help when purchasing.

This is the concept that we have been running the Cooper Sport 500 register with since 2003. The Cooper Register also hold numerous seperate secure registers for the same reasons, and indeed I have been in contact with the Rover Cooper Registrar on numerous occasions this year on the subject matter.

At the end of the day, its understandable wanting to keep VIN, Reg and vehicle details out of the public domain, and that indeed is how it should be. Supplying any such details are done on the understanding that the details will never be released to the public or published in any detail to enable vehicles to be put at risk. VIN and numerplate combinations will never be published online by the register.

I do not and would never expect everyone to share their data, but be rest assured any data kept is secure and not available to anyone else, except unless you pay for the likes of a an HPi check on a vehicle - which anyone can do from simply seeing a numberplate on a mini driving down the road - no one can stop that.

If you still have concerns over this, feel free to contact me on [email protected] to dicuss, but at the end of the day, if you still feel uncomfortable with sharing any data, don't do it!

Regards,
Andy

Edited by hennasxi, 26 December 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#40 hennasxi

hennasxi

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Forgot to add, you can still join in next year with any displays at shows, not providing the info to 'register your car' does not mean you are excluded from anything that we organise!! At the end of the day we all own minis to enjoy them, and that it what the reigsters are all about whatever the condition of your pride and joy.

#41 97cooper

97cooper

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hi all I have a 1997 Cooper sport pack, its now being fully restored but where can I find its build date as I know the mpi was first designed in 1996 October the 1st and and mine has all October/November 96 build dates on it. Yes i know its not a 2000's mini but it would be great if I could get an reply.

#42 sport2000

sport2000

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

I don't think there are any records that exist for build dates for your Sportspack.
I was lucky enough to have a final build audit sheet within my documents which gave me a reasonably accurate build date.

All the best

#43 97cooper

97cooper

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

ummm I wish I could find out as it's one of the first.

#44 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Get in touch with John Parnell of the Mini Cooper register, he will be able to tell you about how to determine your car's rough build date by checking certain parts on your car. However, the chances are if it's having a resto many of these original Rover parts will have been replaced. The address is: [email protected]

Good luck. :proud:

#45 97cooper

97cooper

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Get in touch with John Parnell of the Mini Cooper register, he will be able to tell you about how to determine your car's rough build date by checking certain parts on your car. However, the chances are if it's having a resto many of these original Rover parts will have been replaced. The address is: [email protected]

Good luck. :proud:

Hi thanks for your reply ive had since the age of 12 im now 16 (yes I know the paint need cleaning off underneth)
so it would be nice to find the build date.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by 97cooper, 27 December 2012 - 07:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users