bluesprite

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hi all,
Sorry if this is the wrong section!

I don't always use my mini and I keep it on the street.
At some point in the last couple of weeks someone has lightly caught the front corner of my wing with what I'm assuming is the edge of their wheel arch and left some of their paint in a scrape about the size of my palm. There wasn't a note left or anything.

I think it's dented the wing very slightly, but visually it's mainly their paint that looks a bit of a mess. My car's no show winner anyway but I try to look after it. I think T cut and maybe a bit of paint will have it fairly reasonable again.

I don't want to tell my insurance company because if there's a risk of my premium's going up then I don't consider it worth it.
Am I obliged to inform the police? and if I do, must I tell my insurance company?

I'm perturbed but I suppose it could have been a lot worse!

#2 miniyellowmini

miniyellowmini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Sorry to hear this but theres no need to tell anyone. Just fix it yourself. Def don't tell your insurance your premium WILL rise.

#3 Old Bob

Old Bob

TMF Menber Passed On R.I,P

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Afraid this happens regularly and it is even possible that the other party didn't even notice.

You are not required to inform the police and it is probably far less bother if you leave the insurance company out as well.

Usually it is possible to T Cut the paint to reduce the visual impact, but unless the wing damage is serious it is just going to be something more to live with.

And yes, it could have been much, much worse!

Bob

Edited by Old Bob, 14 November 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#4 waddle

waddle

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

the police only need to get involved if someones hurt, your premium will go up regardless of fault, if you ever crash or whatever your nearly always best draging it away before anyone gets involved imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users