12 replies to this topic

#1 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Anyone removed the diff themselves for a rebuild ?
I've always had an oil leak from mine and have a nice puddle of oil underneath the car despite it sitting there for som time.
oil seems to creepout from all directions and so it's a cause for concern whenever I've driven my mini despite only doing about 5 miles since completion lol
Anyway as I'm reluctant to drop the subframe and engine from the car anybody any advice / tips etc
Response and ideas welcome

#2 fwdr1mini

fwdr1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

Please Feel free to give myself or Phil a ring and we'll talk you through it. It couldn't be easier to remove/refit.

Darren

Ps unfortunatley I'm not always in a position to answer my phone so leave a message and ill get back to you ASAP. Otherwise give Phil a try.

#3 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Thanks Darren ill call towards the end of the week better jack up the little bugger and dig me tools out lol

#4 mercenary62

mercenary62

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Local Club: mini clan

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

good luck on that one mate ,youl need it

#5 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

I don't rely on luck mate I've a fully fitted workshop and an engineering degree . I just like gathering all available info before starting a job as anyone with any common sense would .
this is a specifically designed diff assembly and housing unique to promotive kits engineered quality and simplicity is very high which ultimately is why It is the best kit out there as most mini r1 owners would agree.

#6 mercenary62

mercenary62

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

what i meant was dont hold your breath for a reply from promotive ,phoned and left a message about buying one of there kits two weeks ago /still waiting/ in the end i gave up and bought a lynx kit, also you said youve always had a leak from your diff ,if it was leaking from new why didnt you simply contact promotive surely theres a gaurantee with a quality engineered diff

#7 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I've never had any problem getting hold of either phil or Darren and always get quite an immediate response they are both top blokes.
My project has been ongoing for a number of years and initially the diff assembly did not really leak .
As I've previously said the promotive kit is engineered excellently and technically superior to any kit I've seen in the flesh including the lynxe kit.
Ultimately I'm not here to promote one kit over another I'm just telling it like i see it so if any one has any technical non personal oppinions or indeed anything useful to say involving this diff assembly then feel free to chip in if not ,dont
End of

#8 mercenary62

mercenary62

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

nice attitude

#9 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

#10 mercenary62

mercenary62

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

#11 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Why bother with your childish posts, get on with your own project

Cheers
David

#12 YIANO

YIANO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Thank you David , I'll be uploading some pics of strip down shortly for those who wish to see

#13 Alan Carruthers

Alan Carruthers

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Must say chaps at pro-motive have been great any time I've had any questions or issues. Always quick to respond and bent over backwards to help.

All the best with the diff.

Al

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users