3 replies to this topic

#1 robpeacey

robpeacey

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

looking for the proportioning valve for a single line system with 7.5's and drums on rears, the car wasn't originally disc. i have come into a problem. is there a difference between the MK1/2 and MK3 cooper s one and the MK 3 non cooper s?? i only ask because i want to make it adjustable with a threaded bolt on the spring and i cant work out whether it'll make a difference........

Cheers Rob

#2 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:17 AM

Not really sure what you are asking.

On a single line system there is usually a valve on the rear subframe which reduces the pressure to the rear. It also doubles a a T-piece to split the line to each rear wheel.

Not sure what you are thinking about adjustable and threaded bolt, you might have to explain this. General way to alter the braking front to back is to use an adjustable proportioning valve in the line to the rear brakes (getting rid of any fixed pressure valves first of course).

I have seen an adjustable bar on the brake pedal used to alter the bias, but you would need two master cylinders to get this to work.

Wil

#3 robpeacey

robpeacey

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:36 AM

sorry, my explanation was a bit rubbish!

im mini spares there are two versions of the valve:

21A1774 21A2031

it is possible to convert these valves into adjustable units, mini spares do it:

MS72

but its easy enough to do it yoursely, covered in a past mini mag by keith calver. i was assuminig that the difference between thae valves was the spring pressure but im not too sure. i was also assuming that if i convert it to adjustable that this wouldnt matter as the pressure of the spring would be adsjusted by the screw.........

just asking for reassurance before i start 'modifying'.

just to note, these valves are half the price on moss europe's site as wel, £33, theres a price difference for you!

#4 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:32 AM

Don't know what the differance between these valves is, I assume that it is they are set at different pressures for different front brakes. But yes if you convert it to an adjustable type then you could start with either.

Don't know about converting one, but if you have the 'how to' article you know more than me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users