8 replies to this topic

#1 Webstercon

Webstercon

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Does anyone know where I can get these ? I serviced mine today and knocked the roller pin the wrong way and pierced the reservoir >_< which I'm assuming will affect the performance of my brakes lol. Mines the later type seen here : http://tinyurl.com/cwoogd4
I literally just need the reservoir, don't really fancy forking out £100, for a new master cylinder !
thanks in advance

#2 minilee94

minilee94

Up Into Fourth

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Its to do with brakes id spend top money on brake componats as id not want to buy 2nd hand and you dont know if it works right and buy cheap buy twice and you may not have a 2nd chance if it fails wen braking people may diss agree but thats my opinion just buy that then your probs wont have to buy another one for a long while

#3 Barman

Barman

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Does anyone know where I can get these ? I serviced mine today and knocked the roller pin the wrong way and pierced the reservoir >_< which I'm assuming will affect the performance of my brakes lol. Mines the later type seen here : http://tinyurl.com/cwoogd4
I literally just need the reservoir, don't really fancy forking out £100, for a new master cylinder !
thanks in advance

I can't see a separate reservoir - but Somerford have the whole thing for £77

#4 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,419 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I think you'd be reasonably safe with a used/spurious plastic bottle. If you can't track down one off a dead cylinder, you may find a non servo Metro cylinder is cheaper, but then you wouldn't also have a spare cylinder for your money.

#5 Yoda

Yoda

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Local Club: Medway mini club

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Where in kent are you? I may have a spare that will do the job!

#6 Webstercon

Webstercon

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Its to do with brakes id spend top money on brake componats as id not want to buy 2nd hand and you dont know if it works right and buy cheap buy twice and you may not have a 2nd chance if it fails wen braking people may diss agree but thats my opinion just buy that then your probs wont have to buy another one for a long while

There's nothing wrong with mine though it's literally just the reservoir I've just serviced it but I see what you mean
I'm in Gillingham (medway), if you have a spare reservoir that would be great, like I say I've renewed the rest of it, just a hole in the reservoir oops !! lol
Thanks everyone for the help, if Yodas doesn't fit it looks like a second hand ones the best option :)

#7 Yoda

Yoda

• Traders
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Once the weather clears tomorrow, i will have a look and see what i have for you. I am not too far away for you to collect.

#8 Webstercon

Webstercon

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

That would be brilliant thanks :) I'm in no rush for it, as it's a project!

Edited by Webstercon, 21 November 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#9 Yoda

Yoda

• Traders
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

If i forget (had an accident and not thinking straight) just PM me here or on Medwaymini's forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users