#1 day101

day101

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Local Club: Dont have one:(

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:34 AM

ryt, i have a stage one kit on my mini, and the back box bracket keeps snaping off on the back on the lip that it is fixed on to but its only fixed on that bit and then it goes to the manafold but nothing really its all being held on with the manafold and the one bracket, urm is there another bracket i could used to make it stronger or not, because im gonna put the old one on and put it back as standard what i dont really want to do but cant do with no more problems with it and its getting on my nerves. its also a centre exit back box is there any one who could point me in the right direction on how i could fix this please asap because im gonna change over this weekend otherwise. ive been without it now for over 2 weeks. thanks luke

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:36 AM

Well, yes. It should have a centre mount to the subframe as well. That's why it's snapping all the time.

#3 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:49 AM

^^ What he said

Minin spares sell a full fitting kit

http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=34948

#4 day101

day101

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:07 AM

ryt o, yeah i see the full kit urm ive just had a look at my manafold and its cracked and i dont really have the money to spend on a new one so i think i might just put all the old stuff on it what i dont really want to do because it sounds so nice whats on it that the moment and how hard would it be to fit the mountings on like? ive took the manafold off and the hole system i can do that will i have to get the car up on ramps or not? do u think its worth getting them and will that solve my problem also will i have to take the back part of the system to put the mountings on to it because its got the three into one and then a stright pipe to the back box and thats it urm how would i go about fitting them on.

thanks
luke...

#5 topcat

topcat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Local Club: Six-Ex Mini Owners Club

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:11 AM

Also a bracket from the gearbox to the LCB just before it goes into 1 pipe. Make sure youre engine isnt moving back and forth. and that you are using the cotton reel shaped rubber exhaust mounts on the back box bracket.

#6 day101

day101

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

wheres the best place to get a new stage one kit and for quite cheep? with everythink with it full kit, or do u recon it would be worth just putting the old system bk on for now and leave it on there because this has gave me so much trubble all i want to do is sell it thats how much its annoyed me and i wouldnt have had this problem if there wasnt dodgie people out there who dont fit these things right grrr. lol. and do the stage one kits make any difference has anyone noticed on theres?

thanks
luke

#7 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:27 AM

I'm struggling to understand what you've written (I'm going to contact Norris Mcsquirter to let him know I've found the longest sentance in the world!) but I think I've got the jist.

Your manifold is easily re-weldable, you won't need a new one.

it's easy enough to fit the exhaust with a trolly jack and some axle stands.

You will be able to put all the mountings seen in that kit on the car without taking the exhaust to bits.

Wil

#8 topcat

topcat

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Local Club: Six-Ex Mini Owners Club

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:37 AM

If you got a new stage 1 kit you would probably need to mess around with carb needles to get it tuned etc... Not worth it, yes they do make a difference is it is tuned well.

Just get all the right mountings, it'll be fine!

#9 day101

day101

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

ryt ive just ordered the mountings. and gonna try that, lol.

tune in next week lol. hopefully that will fix the problems thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users