You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:57 PM

i worried about insurance tho :'(

I wouldn't worry too much about insurance Holly, sure tell em. But I wouldn't think they'll charge mahoosive amounts for a different back box.

aaaaannnnnnnnd the piccy you got off another thread, the mounting bracket is upside down aint it??? Unless the pipes are supposed to point down on that one??? ;D

#18 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about insurance Holly, sure tell em. But I wouldn't think they'll charge mahoosive amounts for a different back box.

aaaaannnnnnnnd the piccy you got off another thread, the mounting bracket is upside down aint it??? Unless the pipes are supposed to point down on that one??? ;D

well my insurance is due june and i been gettting quote of about £300 i can afford that!but a lot more is a no go :'( oh and while im on the subject can u get standard mini alloys so i dont have to declare them??

#19 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

well my insurance is due june and i been gettting quote of about £300 i can afford that!but a lot more is a no go :'( oh and while im on the subject can u get standard mini alloys so i dont have to declare them??

Well, I think it's a grey area really that. Though there were some minis factory fitted with alloys, if yours didn't have them when new then technically it is still a modification. Best thing is to phone the insurance to check.

Basically, you can get all sorts of 'special' wheels. The most common being the rover minilites I guess???

#20 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

hmm dont think tescos would stretch to it anyway ;D

#21 commander

commander

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:14 AM

just had the mini out yesterday and in an automatic oh yeah sounds nice

when it drops to second nice......

have fun and enjoy your new exhaust

#22 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:16 AM

just had the mini out yesterday and in an automatic oh yeah sounds nice

when it drops to second nice......

have fun and enjoy your new exhaust

i wasnt worried about what it will sound like should sound good i just mainly thinking of cost and hurting my poor mini :'( i lookin into insurance and letting you know! as its just the back box people i am speaking to are saying ut shouldnt cost that much more but i think its best to check it out!

#23 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

as its just the back box people i am speaking to are saying ut shouldnt cost that much more but i think its best to check it out!

exactly. if they charge you more than £10-20-odd for a change in backbox then I think you need to re-assess which company you're using anyway!

Don't forget to stock up on Autoglym to keep it shiny too! ;D

#24 Holly

Holly

TMF's Blonde

• Members
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:31 PM

autoglyma all ready in stock ;D I currently with Tescos i will ring them monday, but Bristol mini mad kindly rang HIC for me and they sed n o extra charge as is only cosmetic????????

if tescos are ask crazy money i shall wait until my insurance is due and go with HIc as they gave me a really good quote :(

#25 Britishbouncer

Britishbouncer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:44 AM

Does anyone know what the minimum age to be insured with HIC is?

#26 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 02 April 2006 - 12:03 PM

Does anyone know what the minimum age to be insured with HIC is?

19 or 18 I think

#27 Britishbouncer

Britishbouncer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 05:32 PM

Oh well ill have to wait another year, thanks for your help, Good luck Holly, hopefuly you wont have to pay much more if anything for your exhaust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users