#16 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

Give me a few minutes and i shall take a pictur of the sender thats out of Jackmans SPI tank i have in the garage.

Some one will then have to take a picture of a standard sender to compare.

Here we are

#17 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:45 PM

With the SPI sender units the is a cover over the contacts, not easy to clean.

And as for removing the arm off the old one and attaching it to a new one, if the length of the arm isnt exact he'll get a fuel gauge that will be out. Also, the float, after an amount of time, fills with petrol. I took one out and the float was half full of fuel.

Keep scanning ebay and you might find one cheap, if not its genuine rover parts for you. Cost around £80.

#18 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

With the SPI sender units the is a cover over the contacts, not easy to clean.

And as for removing the arm off the old one and attaching it to a new one, if the length of the arm isnt exact he'll get a fuel gauge that will be out. Also, the float, after an amount of time, fills with petrol. I took one out and the float was half full of fuel.

Keep scanning ebay and you might find one cheap, if not its genuine rover parts for you. Cost around £80.

What does that matter if its that little bit out, the fuel gauge does not read the last 8 or 9 litres of fuel anyway thats roughly 80 to 90 miles at 38mpg and thats almost a quarter of a tank

The only differences are 1) the price and 2) the shape of the arm which does look shortr than a standard one anyway

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:20 PM

Hmmm, so the contacts are in that box. Tricky. It looks like its 3 tabs and it's open.

Personally, for the sake of saving £70, i'd prise it open and have a go, but then thats me. If you're even the slightest bit unsure, then don't even attempt it.

Then again, looking at those pics, maybe the actual wire is the same length but just appears shorter 'because it's best around the pump. £20 down the drain if i'm wrong though......

#20 will.i.am

will.i.am

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Local Club: nay

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:27 AM

i've definatly got something to think about,cheers guys! ;D i think i will start by taking it out and seeing what the whole picture is have a fiddle and see if i can find the problem, i'll probably end up buying a new one but its all knowledge taken aboard for future reference!

#21 monkey

monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Local Club: Diss Mini Club

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

Thats crazy that you seem to have to pay an extra £43 just for a bend in the arm!!!! Think i would buy a cheapo one and try to modify it to bend it round the pump :( you say that the two arms look the same length... hsa anyone measured them?! If it ends up being abit long after being bent, it can always be cut shorter ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users