• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

tie rods and adjustable arms from gbcarparts.com:

http://www.gbcarpart...sp?prod=MT32000

They are made by Minitec:

http://www.superfast...s.com/index.htm

They are teh same price from either source. If you order directly from Minitec, make sure you don't get their "MTB kit" as I don't think it's compatiblke with the std Mini subframe, but is used for their Honda B Series motor conversions.

The only thing I did different with the kit is that I used poly bushes on the front vs the nylon bushes they sent, as they put a bit too much twist in the front tierod mounts for my taste.

Aric

hay monty excellent project hope yyou can help.... on page 3 post Sep 18 2007, 04:26 AM first photo the tie rod and lower adj arms where did they come from?? do you have a link???

thanks in advance :gimme:

Edited by Monte Busa, 11 July 2009 - 10:07 PM.

#272 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

My new desktop picture :gimme:

Absolutely lovely car, as said before mate. Well done

#273 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

Thanks!

My new desktop picture :gimme:

#274 sotiris

sotiris

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:01 AM

heavy duty

nice parts..........!!!!!
:D

Edited by sotiris, 09 July 2009 - 08:01 AM.

#275 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

Just got back from the Lotus Club Open Track Day - the suspension setting changes and the addition of the rear ARB made a big difference to teh handling - I took 6 seconds off my best lap time from may 31 - from 1:35 to 1:29.17 (best lap). I'm happy - I did have two offs though, a quick two wheel off, and a full monte 360deg spin 4 wheel off - I've found the limits of handling on the car! I didn't get a vid of the 1:29 lap or the offs as the camera malfunctioned on that session (same session), but did get a data logger trace to show it. I have some videos of 1:30 and change laps though that I'll post when I get a chance this weekend.

As a time reference, Porsche Caymans were running 1:25 to 1:27s or so today, Porsche 911s (including a race prepared GT2) were runing 1:22s and 1:23s, Elises were running anywhere from 1:22 to 1:28. An extremely fast Exige S 260 driven by the event oragnizer turned a 1:18 today, which was FTD along with an ex-Speed GT Challenge BMW M3 (E36).

Edited by Monte Busa, 11 July 2009 - 08:34 PM.

#276 jplonie

jplonie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

My new desktop picture :P

Seconded!

J

#277 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

Video of a 1:30 lap at Waterford Hills:

#278 cooper770

cooper770

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

Thanks for the well wishes.

The mk1 was surprisingly cheap - less than 1500GBP...not so the engine though, but I got a very good deal nonetheless (much better than 50% of retail all in with not more than 1500 miles on the clock). Someone whose opinion I trust implicitly looked it over before I bought it too, so it shouldn't have any surprises.

I'm going to keep it very sleeper-esque - and will NOT disturb the mk1 shell as that would be sacrilege as it's it such good shape, nary a sign of rust anywhere, gotta love inland NZ Minis!

The current plans are:

- 10 X 4.5 wheels (Cooper S or Minilate), proper offset for no arches and 165 section tyres (A032 or similar)
- hilos with adjustable shockers or perhaps coilovers, adjustable front links, camber brackets, maybe rear sway bar, possible beam axle rear
- Cooper S discs, S spaced drums rear, (thanks Scurvy!) on a dual circuit system, perhaps bias adjustable fr/rr
- Period instrumentation, perhaps S clocks and smiths ancilliary gauges
- black trim interior with buckets
- period rear cage
- period steering wheel

...and that mega motor under the hood....

Cheers mates,

Monte

I do wish you foreigners would stop coming over here and nicking all our cars!....oh and 'Inland NZ Minis'??? what, we are a long skinny island, no one is more than about an hour from the coast! More a case of mild weather and no salt on the roads in winter. And being so far from the rest of the world we tend to look after our cars as its hard/expensive to replace things.

#279 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:14 AM

I do wish you foreigners would stop coming over here and nicking all our cars!

After 3 years this is the first bloke who made a negative comment about my car....

Why don't you just buy all the cars you don't want to leave your country so I can't buy them - otherwise, last I checked, if someone wants to sell me something, and I want to buy it, that's not illegal.

Maybe you should complain to your compatriate who sold it to me if your as upset as you sound.

Oh, and it's my car, so I can do what I want with it :D

Any other comebacks?....that's enough for one evening for me!

#280 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

lets face the americans do overhauls the proper way :(

to be honest i have no problem with every memeber of the world buying the mini as long as they look after them

i actually caught my brother cleaning his car with a souring pad yesturday. i nearly slapped him to the floor
and then he told he he was using flash floor cleaner. i took the sponge off him and the hose pipe and told him let me do it.
I can sleep because its a proton and not a mini :(

#281 irishdude

irishdude

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

I do wish you foreigners would stop coming over here and nicking all our cars!

After 3 years this is the first bloke who made a negative comment about my car....

Why don't you just buy all the cars you don't want to leave your country so I can't buy them - otherwise, last I checked, if someone wants to sell me something, and I want to buy it, that's not illegal.

Maybe you should complain to your compatriate who sold it to me if your as upset as you sound.

Oh, and it's my car, so I can do what I want with it :)

Any other comebacks?....that's enough for one evening for me!

Amen!

Aric great job on the car and keep it up. You are inspiring many people here to enjoy their Mini's whatever they do to them. Jealously is never far from fame :P

By the way you know I hate you at the moment having this and the Monte Carlo..... :dontgetit: keep up the good work need to see your car in more mags

#282 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

Thasnk for the compliments! Here are some more pictures from the last track day:

http://kathryn-rapie...587366709_nZxTJ

Amen!

Aric great job on the car and keep it up. You are inspiring many people here to enjoy their Mini's whatever they do to them.

#283 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

looks mint dude, reminds me of how my car use to look before I went green :-

#284 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:03 AM

The article on my car in MC2 finally came out - I made the COVER!

My sub copy just showed up today - pretty cool article and pictures...

http://www.mc2magazine.com/

#285 campr

campr

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local Club: Mini club zuid holland

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:26 AM

Is there any way of scanning it in and posting it, so us non-US people can enjoy?

Thanks in advance.

Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users