#16 Pandora

Pandora

Cadwell Event organiser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Local Club: TMF Lincoln

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:49 PM

Thats not a nice picture at all. Makes you feel sick doesnt it. But you will be itching to get the new bits on lol i know i was.

#17 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

yeh cant wait till i get it back its gone to dereks minis to get it done wuick its my daily driver so need it done sharpish hope it doesnt cost too much would love to do it meself its just the time ;D

#18 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:14 AM

poo deal dude, i saw it sitting outside Dereks on my way home from work last night.

#19 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:49 PM

dereks had a quick look he said somethin is bent on the steering but hes not had a good enough look to tell me whats the total damage, could be steerin rack could be top arm could be subframe, i dont think its the subframe it wasnt touched no bends or even scrathes.

cant wait to get him back :'(

#20 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:53 PM

well looks like i wont be havin nigel back.

Ive had an estimate and its just too much for me too afford so looks like ill be sellin him off and buyin another working mini

Any ideas of what head be worth needs a new front end on really and possibly the shell squaring a tiny bit can be done just not by me by the way im takin the alloys off and putting the steels back on otherwise its a tidy mini 49000 on the 998 which runs sweet im the 3rd owner

So sad to see him go if i cant get rid imay have to break it, i just dont have the time or knowledge to do it meself :w00t: :'(

Any suggestions would be much appriciated

Tony

Attached Files

#21 mulejones

mulejones

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: mini diddlers, of retford

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:11 PM

Sorry to hear it mate, i know how you feel, its sounds very similar to what happened to mine, as i posted earlier in this topic. I put my hand in my pocket tho as it meant that much to me.

Hope you get one sorted soon.

#22 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:31 PM

Sorry to hear it mate, i know how you feel, its sounds very similar to what happened to mine, as i posted earlier in this topic. I put my hand in my pocket tho as it meant that much to me.

Hope you get one sorted soon.

I would put me hand in me pockets but ive been quoted 1400 for a new front end n the other lil things it needs doing i just cant afford that bill outright :'(

#23 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

Anyone give us anyideas please guys im stuck

#24 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:28 PM

keep it and do as much of the work as possible yourself. buy the parts bit by bit and do it yoself i say.

#25 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:34 PM

hey, try not to let her go. im sure someone can lend a hand, i would if you were closer (even though i couldnt weld your front end on)

#26 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:35 PM

"hey, try not to let her go. im sure someone can lend a hand, i would if you were closer (even though i couldnt weld your front end on)"

cheers for that

i would do that but its my daily driver and im resorted to train atm to get to work thats why i wanted a garage to do it i work all week and weekend

#27 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:46 PM

oh i see, what a dilemma. have you not got a friend who you can catch a lift with? i used to do that and slip em 20 quid, its cheaper than the train at least, then maybe u could take it off the road which u could save even more.

#28 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

nope trains my only option dude im the only member of staff (small family shop) and its so much hassle this is really gettin to me lol just want me mimi back

#29 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

i know how that feels bud, i dunno what to suggest, what about another mini from the local paper just as a runner, then u could sell it on here to someone.

#30 Tony1003

Tony1003

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:53 PM

i was gonna sell mine as a project for womeone who has the time for it n just put the money to a new one but i just dont know what id get for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users