#1 minipixie

minipixie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Local Club: Lincoln TMF and Notts TMF

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

Just wondering, these Arm Rests.....Clickly (just using this one as an example!!)

Do they interfere with moving the seats forwards and backwards, lifting them up to let passengers in the back etc??

Also, I've just been having a little think, I don't know how big they are, but would it be possible with a bit of adaption to fit a cdchanger inside one? by lifting the arm rest 'cushion' bit and that acting as a lid??

What do you think?

Cheers, Pixie!

#2 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:03 PM

Should be able to fit a cd changer there with a bit of tinkering. As for seat movement restriction it SHOULDN'T but it obviously greatly depends on what seats you have. I'd imagine anything wider than standard would get caught on that thing quite badly. Never really was a fan of that these arm rests hold on by friction and good faith alone.

Come to think of it this one says "Fixing Screws". The ones I saw before were just kinda slotted into place ;D\

It's quite cheap at the moment, and if your car has standard seats I don't see why it shouldn't fit straight away, so worth a purchase?

#3 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

I seriously doub't you'd get a changer inside one. The top box in them is about big enough for a large mobile phone. It's made by Custom Consoles, look at their webby for various shots of installed ones.

#4 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

Some CD changers I've seen are hardly bigger (width and length, not depth obviously) than a head unit and i've definitely seen a head unit fit into one of them Exim armrest consoles.

#5 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:22 PM

You're not thinking about the MiniSpeed (Germany) one are you? The veneered box with the lift up lid that's based on the old Rokee one? They are a lot longer.

#6 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:28 PM

The one I'm thinking of is definitely a different shape (box style), don't know if its the minispeed one or not. But if this one is even shorter, then you're right, there's no way a changer will fit in one ;D Come to think of it if it's that small, are they even comfortable at all?

#7 '82'Mayfair-chris

'82'Mayfair-chris

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:46 PM

I've always wanted one of those. In fact I once bought one off ebay, but the BA**A*D just took my money and never sent it and ebay gave me 49p back :'(
So if anyone has one to use as a template, could they put the patterns on tmf somewhere? like someone did for the boot liner.......................... ;D

#8 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:55 PM

I think you mean the one on this page (sorry it's in German, that part of their site isn't available in English). It's made by Yardy Products (who used to be called Rokee) for Minispeed Germany. My Grandfather used to work for Rokee/Yardy. They make pretty much all the quality woodwork for Minis that everybody else sells on under their own names. They even made them for Rover for many years when the solid dash was first fitted as standard. I remember seeing door cappings and dashes at the factory when I was young.....

Anyway, back on topic....

I can't see the point of this particular armrest either Pavel. It's a bit wierd I think. But don't be put off by what I think, check out Custom Consoles website for images.

Clicky

Personally, I don't think templates for stuff like this should be up here. If you want to design your own and put the template up then that's fine but if you buy one, take it apart and put the design up on here then that's just stealing really. They designed it and work hard making them and the stuff they make is well made and well presented (unlike a lot of other companies stuff) so if you want one, buy one!

Edited by Dan, 03 April 2006 - 06:59 PM.

#9 '82'Mayfair-chris

'82'Mayfair-chris

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

thank you St dan...................

#10 minipixie

minipixie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:27 PM

k, cheers for the comments guys!
i know it's possible to fit a head unit in one as a friend has told me that they used to have their head unit in theirs (im guessin it's this arm rest size/shape aswell! but i was just wondering if a cd changer would fit in! cheers anyway tho! might have a go at making my own that would fit on in! anyone know the dimensions of a cd changer?

#11 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:29 PM

This one is 250x64x176
That's just slightly bigger than head unit size.

http://www.caraudiod...products_id=181

Depends on the changer though! What brand of head unit do you have?

#12 minipixie

minipixie

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:32 PM

i have JVC at the moment but am looking to get a new one cus it a little past it's best!

looking to possibly get a new head unit and cd changer! no idea what brand! any tips would be greatly appreciated!

#13 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:52 PM

Any ideas on budget? Probably best suited for ICE forum though, but Pioneer stuff:

http://www.caraudiod...roducts_id=4673
http://www.caraudiod...products_id=190

Together is less than 200 notes, and you can still play back MP3s in the head unit while storing 6 discs in the changer. If you want more head unit functions, just move up a notch in the price range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users