2 replies to this topic

#1 danny987

danny987

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

rite waer do i start lol. ive got a stiff clutch pedal and not alot of power bottom end i hav no idea what the problem could be so iam askin u guys if u have any idea. plus on the odd ocassion i get a miss fire from time to time!! its doing my head in at the moment so any help would be great. cheers once agan.

#2 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

Stiff clutch - the clutch arm off coming off the flywheel/bellhousing tends to seize on them. Mine stopped working completely one day because of it. Just lube the pivot points with wd and try it.

Misfire/no power, could be a number of things - timing, carb set up, leads, plugs, rotor arm dizzy cap etc.

#3 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

Don't spray WD on your clutch mechanism. For one thing WD is a very light oil which you don't use for lubing that kind of thing, you need grease. But you shouldn't use just any old grease or spray grease on the clutch release, you are supposed to use graphited grease. The most commonly available graphited grease (now that the Castrol one isn't in Chavfords any more) is Graphogen which you can get from good car parts shops like MDC or Cafco, but probably not Chavfords. If you spray any oil or use high temperature grease around the clutch mechanism it could end up migrating onto the clutch plate and contaminating it whereas if graphite grease gets into it it will burn off, I think that's Rover's reasoning behind it. Obviously this is more likely with any sprayed product.

Other than that, have you tried a basic tune up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users