4 replies to this topic

#1 plugfaebervie

plugfaebervie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Im at the stage where the wiring is going in i have bought a full zcars loom and the busa conversion one, but im not sure where to start ive got a box of spaghetti and a bag of connectors. I thought it'd be match up the colours but doesn't seem to be the case. any help would be great.

Cheers

#2 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

The wiring instructions for the looms can be found here

#3 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

The wiring instructions for the looms can be found here

Steve, those instructions are useful but can be misinterpreted, are there any plans in the future to have a proper wiring diagram made of the loom?
I ask because a proper wiring diagram would be a very useful tool, especially if coupled with the instructions above. One thing I found to be missing was any information on the board itself and what the spare connections could be used for.

Also I am unsure if the loom has changed from when I bought mine (2008) but a loom with decent quality waterproof connections (supplying both sides of the connector, with long tails and matching coloured wire) for any of the connections that may have to live in a possibly wet environment would be a major improvement to the loom. My loom was supplied with the big clunky white connectors, without the matching extending connections, no extra same coloured wire and the connectors were in no way waterproof. If these improvements were to be made the builder would be able to do all the basic wiring on the car without having to buy extra electrical parts.

Just a suggestion......

#4 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

these loom are now actualy due to be replaced with a completely revised motorsport grade loom which will be provided with a wiring diagram
more info will follow soon :)

#5 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

these loom are now actualy due to be replaced with a completely revised motorsport grade loom which will be provided with a wiring diagram
more info will follow soon :)

Good news for future builders...thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users